Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
where the host's daughter decided to join us, uninvited, and seemed to think she was the de facto centre of attention. Thought herself very knowing and interesting but still referred to her parents as mummy and daddy - you know the type.

She'd been to Jamaica and started warbling on about this "totally, like, amaaaazing black guy she'd met". One of the other guests asked her why she felt the colour of the chaps skin was significant.

The next two minutes saw this fella wiping the floor with her intellectually and unfortunately, mummy intervened on her behalf and rescued her as she clearly could not cope with the implication that she was the racist at the table.

Though I consider myself slightly left of centre I cannot tell you how much I detested this girl the second she opened her mouth.
It's remarkable the way in which many on the left cannot see that their fetishisation of race is in and of itself racist. It reduces individuals to their skin colour and expects them to behave in certain ways as a consequence. In many ways, it's a more pernicious form of racism than the more overt type, since it makes its victims complicit in their subjugation.