Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just read that Anthony Bourdain was an SJW

I just read that Anthony Bourdain was an SJW

and now I am obligated to celebrate his death

On another note, the fate of Brexit now in the hands of that slimy **** Bercow?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    and now I am obligated to celebrate his death

On another note, the fate of Brexit now in the hands of that slimy **** Bercow?
    In what sense was he a SJW? Certainly never came across in his shows which were invariably excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    In what sense was he a SJW? Certainly never came across in his shows which were invariably excellent.
    He was involved with Asia Argento and supported her through the whole Harvey Weinstein palaver, but I'm not sure that counts as SJW.

Of course she then thanked him by shagging someone else the minute his back was turned.

He complained about chef awards being gender-categorised.

To me this seems an entirely sensible way to ensure female recognition in a male dominated industry

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He was involved with Asia Argento and supported her through the whole Harvey Weinstein palaver, but I'm not sure that counts as SJW.

Of course she then thanked him by shagging someone else the minute his back was turned.

To me this seems an entirely sensible way to ensure female recognition in a male dominated industry
    Ah. Right. That's fairly mild these days, tbf. I've just received this from a leading engineering institution and am having to use all my powers not to unleash my full level of intolerance about it. I don't even know what the UA+ stands for.

I just wanted to get in touch to see if you might be interested in a story for tomorrow. The IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) are launching a new campaign to help LGBTUA+ into careers in STEM, after conducting research to see what the barriers to entry were. They found that 29% of respondents who identified as LGBTUA+ said they had opted against having a career in STEM due to worries they would be discriminated against. This is something they are keen to change.

We also have some video content to go alongside the story where five young women engineers have a “pillow fight” using drones and explosives, turning the typical stereotype on its head. It’s below..I just wanted to get this on your radar to see if it might be of interest- we also have available for interview; Jo Foster (IET Diversity and Inclusion Manager)
    I mean FFS!

As with Burney's example, this is a pretty lightweight version of SJW.

And I would agree with him on gender in chef's awards. There is no reason that men should be better chefs than women, this isn't football or engineering (oooh call me a caveman). And some truly outstanding chefs are women.

GO back to celebrating him, Monty. He did good work and came across as a sound bloke.

And I would agree with him on gender in chef's awards. There is no reason that men should be better chefs than women, this isn't football or engineering (oooh call me a caveman). And some truly outstanding chefs are women.

GO back to celebrating him, Monty. He did good work and came across as a sound bloke.
    You say my example is 'mild', but I can guarantee you that the 29% of freaks and benders who fear they will be discriminated against are people who use the fear of discrimination as a reason never to do anything at all other than sit on their fat arses whining about how discriminated against they are.

And why does the IET need a Diversity and Inclusion Manager?

There are very good reasons why men should be better chefs than women beyond their technical skill. Being a chef is hugely demanding and involves appallingly long and anti-social hours, which women on average are less willing to do.

Ah. Right. That's fairly mild these days, tbf. I've just received this from a leading engineering institution and am having to use all my powers not to unleash my full level of intolerance about it. I don't even know what the UA+ stands for.

I mean FFS!
    so almost 3/4 don't and the rest are probably just being ****s

I mean FFS!
    How would you even cover that story anyway?