Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oops Lord Sugar, mighty racist Twitter post there

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I'm confused b. I thought being jewish means he can be a racist as he likes. Surely he need only accuse his tormentors of anti-semitism and they'll scurry off like cockroaches.
    No, h. It's perfectly possible for a Jewish person to be a racist and to call them on it does not make one in any way anti-semitic.

At the same time, anti-semites attempt as a matter of course to disguise their virulent hatred of Jews as 'anti-zionism' and those who try to pretend they don't or excuse them when they do aren't much better.

The two things are utterly distinct and have nothing whatever to do with one another. Do you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, h. It's perfectly possible for a Jewish person to be a racist and to call them on it does not make one in any way anti-semitic.

At the same time, anti-semites attempt as a matter of course to disguise their virulent hatred of Jews as 'anti-zionism' and those who try to pretend they don't or excuse them when they do aren't much better.

The two things are utterly distinct and have nothing whatever to do with one another. Do you see?
    Oh gosh no, I'm afraid you'll think me a trifle dense b but it was recently explained to me that black people can't be racist and I just assumed that belonging to a persecuted minority meant that one was exonerated from accusation of persecution oneself :sigh:

You see I thought that with us both being Irish we were off the hook. It's one of the reasons I continually tease brother Monty about his galactically enormous great conk

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh gosh no, I'm afraid you'll think me a trifle dense b but it was recently explained to me that black people can't be racist and I just assumed that belonging to a persecuted minority meant that one was exonerated from accusation of persecution oneself :sigh:

You see I thought that with us both being Irish we were off the hook. It's one of the reasons I continually tease brother Monty about his galactically enormous great conk
    Ah, but Irishers are white and thus benefit from white privilege and are on the right side of unconscious bias (until they open their mouths and Irishness comes out, of course). The blacks, on the other hand, are always victims - even when they're perpetrators. Indeed, their perpetration is proffered as proof of their victimhood, since it only occurs because they've been victimised.

Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Who is it on here that will only take a dump at their own residence? pv?
    Burney, I thought. I seem to recall a post along the lines of 'I bomb China once a day in my own home, anywhere else is unacceptable'.

And as I recall he refuses to use his en suite bathroom for said purpose if his wife is in the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Burney, I thought. I seem to recall a post along the lines of 'I bomb China once a day in my own home, anywhere else is unacceptable'.

And as I recall he refuses to use his en suite bathroom for said purpose if his wife is in the bedroom.
    This is largely true. And I stand by the en suite thing as it is simply basic decency.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is largely true. And I stand by the en suite thing as it is simply basic decency.
    Burney in anal retentive shocker