Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilshere gone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wilshere gone

He made the right decision. Bit of a busted flush at our place, what with that injury record and only sporadic good performances ..

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Never quite good enough, tbh.

Thanks Jack and good luck imo.

Him and Jens having a bit of a dig on social media.

I'm liking this new regime. The old way is definitely gone
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Never quite good enough, tbh.
    You either have a short memory or a need to find a new hobby sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Listen pal, there is a long, long list of midfielders Wilshire failed to displace during his time. There is a reason for that.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Listen pal, there is a long, long list of midfielders Wilshire failed to displace during his time. There is a reason for that.
    Quite right. Regardless of how good he looked at a very young age, he is 26 years old and has never been both good and fit for an extended period of time. We can hardly be accused of being rash in this case.

Wenger, of course, would have extended by now. Well done Unai and Sven imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Quite right. Regardless of how good he looked at a very young age, he is 26 years old and has never been both good and fit for an extended period of time. We can hardly be accused of being rash in this case.

Wenger, of course, would have extended by now. Well done Unai and Sven imo.
    It's his decision to go so the only input the new bloke has is saying he wouldn't play as much, wd all concerned, JW will get a better contract elsewhere and we have come out of it with a better balanced midfield
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    There is that lingering feeling about what he could have been, or even should have been given that he is 26 and no longer young Jack Wilshere. He was slightly different to your average English midfield player and very much in the mould of Arsenal, but then he was injured a lot and even under Wenger had moved down the pecking order.

Not making Southgate’s WC squad must have told him his career is seriously in reverse.

I am not one for huge sentimentality about footballers so no loss as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There is that lingering feeling about what he could have been, or even should have been given that he is 26 and no longer young Jack Wilshere. He was slightly different to your average English midfield player and very much in the mould of Arsenal, but then he was injured a lot and even under Wenger had moved down the pecking order.

Not making Southgate’s WC squad must have told him his career is seriously in reverse.

I am not one for huge sentimentality about footballers so no loss as far as I am concerned.
    Good luck to him in whoever he plays for, good to see we have set out our stall in who figures highly for us going fwd....5th place finish here we come
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Good luck to him in whoever he plays for
    Yes, I'll be interested to see if he ends up at a club that is 'better' than The Arsenal.
    I'm sure AFC East will think he will.