Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilshere gone

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well it's his decision to go insofar as Emery clearly told him he was not wanted on this voyage and was free to go and clog up someone else's treatment room.
    Wrong, he still had the same contract offer that was on the table before AW left, he has decided he wants more game time so has decided to leave, not that we kicked him out
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Wrong, he still had the same contract offer that was on the table before AW left, he has decided he wants more game time so has decided to leave, not that we kicked him out
    That's all just common politeness to save his blushes. His rather petulant reaction tells you that he was clearly told the only chance he had of a game is if all the midfielders at the club who are better than him (i.e. all of them) were injured or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's all just common politeness to save his blushes. His rather petulant reaction tells you that he was clearly told the only chance he had of a game is if all the midfielders at the club who are better than him (i.e. all of them) were injured or dead.
    If you want to believe that we would happily pay him around £4-5m a year with no chance of playing then carry on

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    You either have a short memory or a need to find a new hobby sunshine.
    There is that lingering feeling about what he could have been, or even should have been given that he is 26 and no longer young Jack Wilshere. He was slightly different to your average English midfield player and very much in the mould of Arsenal, but then he was injured a lot and even under Wenger had moved down the pecking order.

Not making Southgate’s WC squad must have told him his career is seriously in reverse.

I am not one for huge sentimentality about footballers so no loss as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There is that lingering feeling about what he could have been, or even should have been given that he is 26 and no longer young Jack Wilshere. He was slightly different to your average English midfield player and very much in the mould of Arsenal, but then he was injured a lot and even under Wenger had moved down the pecking order.

Not making Southgate’s WC squad must have told him his career is seriously in reverse.

I am not one for huge sentimentality about footballers so no loss as far as I am concerned.
    Good luck to him in whoever he plays for, good to see we have set out our stall in who figures highly for us going fwd....5th place finish here we come

If you want to believe that we would happily pay him around £4-5m a year with no chance of playing then carry on
    And if you want to believe the palpable, face-saving fiction that that was really what was on the table, then carry on.

We'll always have Norwich, though, sw

Good luck to him in whoever he plays for
    Yes, I'll be interested to see if he ends up at a club that is 'better' than The Arsenal.
    I'm sure AFC East will think he will.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We'll always have Norwich, though, sw
    That was a sexy goal

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I'm afraid he never built on his early promise or appeared to learn from his mistakes. The same could be said for Walcott. I've no idea if that was a failing of the individual or of coaching or both, but it's been obvious for years that his true level is West Ham or Crystal Palace and it looks like that's where he's finally heading.