Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wilshere gone

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But I know jack shît about footie and you'll tell me why Cech and Iwobi are so much better.
    Well I suppose, Cech is being replaced and Iwobi is, well, a bit shít.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    The Chelsea reject betwixt our sticks gave away a goal in his very first game. And has done so regularly. Last season he gave away two in a game but he wasn't dropped for Ospina - who doesn't needlessly give away goals, just suffers from being a midget in goalie terms.

Sorry, I thought Feo at his best was useful. He was like one of those '80s box strikers who did F-all except score a tap in once every game and a half.

He twice got best part of 20 goals from out wide. The year the scum sold Bale, he got one less goal+assist than the Welsher. And we were in the CL then, not playing Calais reserves.

If we'd had Auba when we had a 30-a season Alexis on the left and a 20-a-season Feo on the right, then a decent defence and 2 holding MFs and we could have challenged.

Feo and Sir Chez weren't the problems. But I know jack shît about footie and you'll tell me why Cech and Iwobi are so much better.
    Cech won the Golden Glove award in his first season despite continually giving away goals. Good effort that. He was poor last season and has been replaced. He was at his best one of the finest goalkeepers in the world, won tons of trophies and has been pretty useful for us but undoubtedly declined last year and has been replaced. He also has a superb attitude. If you can't see why he was a better option than Sczsesny, well

"He was like one of those '80s box strikers who did F-all except score a tap in once every game and a half." Well that is quite an odd description of him but even so that type of player is completely out of place in our team for a start. His goalscoring record is not that impressive - in 12 seasons he reached 10 league goals twice in a team that creates bucketload of chances. The season you refer to him matching Bale was 2013. We sold him in 2018 so can't say he wasn't given a chance. At 29 he wasn't going to improve

I do agree you know jack **** about football though
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 06-20-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Cech won the Golden Glove award in his first season despite continually giving away goals. Good effort that. He was poor last season and has been replaced. He was at his best one of the finest goalkeepers in the world, won tons of trophies and has been pretty useful for us but undoubtedly declined last year and has been replaced. He also has a superb attitude. If you can't see why he was a better option than Sczsesny, well

"He was like one of those '80s box strikers who did F-all except score a tap in once every game and a half." Well that is quite an odd description of him but even so that type of player is completely out of place in our team for a start. His goalscoring record is not that impressive - in 12 seasons he reached 10 league goals twice in a team that creates bucketload of chances. The season you refer to him matching Bale was 2013. We sold him in 2018 so can't say he wasn't given a chance. At 29 he wasn't going to improve

I do agree you know jack **** about football though
    You know I've never denied that. I only watch our XI and when I forget my glasses (most of the time) I have to ask whoevere's sitting next to me who scored.

All I meant was Feo was one of those players who did **** all expect get the ball in the back of the net.

I'm probably mis-remembering but last season, he banged in goals, the defence ****ed up, AW switched to a 3-4-3 meaning he was sacrificed for doing his job when the defence weren't.

Personally, I'd have kept Feo, shot Mustafi, and played Stevie Bould instead. Couldn't have gone much worse. (Though denying the chavs the double did sort of justify it.)

Oh, and those years between 2013 and 2018, again, I may be mis-remembering, but didn't have almost Diaby levels of injury at times?

Oh yes. Wiki says:
    2013 - 32 starts, loadsa goals.

next 2 years, 13 and 14 league starts.
    Then one sort of full season to get back into the swing.
    Then 19 goals in 37 in his last full season.

Come on, LA, if someone was slagging off one of our injured players you'd defend him.

I know 4-4-2 ain't 4-3-3 but when Limpar and Overmars scored 17 or Pires scored 15, I thought they were the greatest wingers ever.

Feo may not be Messi but he's not Darren Anderton.