Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wilshere gone

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We'll always have Norwich, though, sw
    I'd have thought his highlight would be that game against Barcelona. Even I was almost convinced after that.

We'll always have Norwich, though, sw
    I often tell my children about that.

The day I sat with LA, and Jack scored.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I often tell my children about that.

The day I sat with LA, and Jack scored.
    Wonder if LA will tell his children one day, I sat with SW and he bought me a drink
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd have thought his highlight would be that game against Barcelona. Even I was almost convinced after that.
    Oh it was - he was quite magnificent that night. But for the Norwich game and that goal, I was actually sitting with SW. You can imagine the erudite conversation fairly baffled those surrounding us

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Wonder if LA will tell his children one day, I sat with SW and he bought me a drink
    Why would I lie to my kids, p?

Oh it was - he was quite magnificent that night. But for the Norwich game and that goal, I was actually sitting with SW. You can imagine the erudite conversation fairly baffled those surrounding us
    I can imagine there was a high level of football hipsterism, la.

Certainly the tactical debate may have confounded those lucky enough to be in earshot.

I remember thinking Leroy Fer had played well for the Canaries. A level of footballing insight and appreciation not many could even dream of, or perhaps 1-2 too many Timothy Taylor Landlord liveners.

The fact that my travelling companion drifted off in slumber during the game suggests the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Certainly the tactical debate may have confounded those lucky enough to be in earshot.

I remember thinking Leroy Fer had played well for the Canaries. A level of footballing insight and appreciation not many could even dream of, or perhaps 1-2 too many Timothy Taylor Landlord liveners.

The fact that my travelling companion drifted off in slumber during the game suggests the latter.
    I'd forgotten that

I'd forgotten that
    Sleeping while attending a football match is an impressive effort, la. Were you not awoken by some fat-necked, onion-breathed hominid calling Wenger a 'CAAAAAAAANNNTTT!' at the top of his voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm afraid he never built on his early promise or appeared to learn from his mistakes. The same could be said for Walcott. I've no idea if that was a failing of the individual or of coaching or both, but it's been obvious for years that his true level is West Ham or Crystal Palace and it looks like that's where he's finally heading.
    Walcott scored 19 goals from the wing in 2/3 of a season and was then dropped for saying "they wanted it more" after a defeat and never played again.

{He was trying to be honest - tell the fans they'd buck their ideas up - but AW took it as a criticism.}

Just like Sir Ches has a fag cos he's pissed off about a defeat and he gets dropped and replaced with some chav reject who is currently a worse keeper than the Pole.

Last term, Jack forced his way into the team and was looking good until the England call up. This is what was motivating him. When he was sent back injured, and thus knew he wouldn't go to the WC, he played like **** again.