Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, so much for VAR being better in the World Cup than the FA Cup

Well, so much for VAR being better in the World Cup than the FA Cup

if FIFA was in anyway interested in preserving whatever remains of their credibility on this issue, they would announce publicly that the VAR assistant got three blatant decisions wrong against England and they would remove him from his responsibilities for this tournament.

How can anyone defend it if it can't get those decisions right?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    if FIFA was in anyway interested in preserving whatever remains of their credibility on this issue, they would announce publicly that the VAR assistant got three blatant decisions wrong against England and they would remove him from his responsibilities for this tournament.

It still is being used better than how they used it in the FA Cup, they just got the decision(s) wrong.

Pretty clear what’s going on.

VAR only being used so Russia can win.

Just look at at all the big VAR decisions that have gone against the top sides.

Putin is shrood. Fighting back against the reptilian illuminati. He knows what’s what!

FC Hanchoppers got theirs and King Mo will get mercilessly kicked about later today.

Hope they win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    It still is being used better than how they used it in the FA Cup, they just got the decision(s) wrong.
    I'm unconvinced BGS, possibly because I just don't like it. It still feels like the referee and VAR assistant are unclear as to who should contact whom and when.

From what I've seen so far, feels like the VAR assistants are very hesitant to initiate the review. My understanding is that either they or the referee can do so. Not sure how else to explain last night and a few other decisions. You can't just dismiss those decisions as getting them wrong. It's impossible for anyone who knows even the smallest amount about football to not see that those were pens.

The television replays were all over Kane being manhandled yet the VAR either a) didn't see it (unfúckingbelievable) or b) didn't think it was a foul (unfúckingbelievable).

Soft, soft penalty against England too.

International football? Bag of shíte.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I'm unconvinced BGS, possibly because I just don't like it. It still feels like the referee and VAR assistant are unclear as to who should contact whom and when.

From what I've seen so far, feels like the VAR assistants are very hesitant to initiate the review. My understanding is that either they or the referee can do so. Not sure how else to explain last night and a few other decisions. You can't just dismiss those decisions as getting them wrong. It's impossible for anyone who knows even the smallest amount about football to not see that those were pens.
    My point about it being better was more about it allowing the game to flow more naturally. In the FA Cup it was very stop/start. As for whether it works or not, those decisions are always contentious. Some refs see them and give them and others don’t. If the ref actually gave the first one last night he wouldn’t have given the second one because he’d already given one, despite it still being a foul. While there’s still a human element there will always be inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The television replays were all over Kane being manhandled yet the VAR either a) didn't see it (unfúckingbelievable) or b) didn't think it was a foul (unfúckingbelievable).

Soft, soft penalty against England too.

International football? Bag of shíte.
    I thought that was a clear pen against that brain dead muppet Walker. He didn't just raise his arm as the BBC was claiming. He swung it backward and hit the Tunisian in the face. Clear foul and clear pen for me.

And I will reiterate my view that Walker is a drastically overrated player and a liability. And his Spurs heritage in no way influences me.

I thought that was a clear pen against that brain dead muppet Walker. He didn't just raise his arm as the BBC was claiming. He swung it backward and hit the Tunisian in the face. Clear foul and clear pen for me.

And I will reiterate my view that Walker is a drastically overrated player and a liability. And his Spurs heritage in no way influences me.
    Was a stick on pen, imo.

Lingard is complete toilet and if Ozil put in as poor a performance as Dele Alli did [and was English], they'd be burning him at the stake!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Was a stick on pen, imo.

Lingard is complete toilet and if Ozil put in as poor a performance as Dele Alli did [and was English], they'd be burning him at the stake!
    I thought Sterling was toilet as well. Trippier, Henderson, Kane were all very good, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Lingard is complete toilet
    fúcking atrocious
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”