Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Why does it feel like VAR has been implemented better in the World Cup

Why does it feel like VAR has been implemented better in the World Cup

Compared to the FA Cup. Am I imagining this?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Because it has, much, much better. Not sure why it's taken this long to have it working this well tbh.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Thought it worked really well in the French game but then there was possibly 2 incidents in the Brazil match where they did not refer it, maybe they did, which confused me.

The goal and then the later challenge in the box on Gabriel Jesus.

I’m not 100% sure how it works yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Thought it worked really well in the French game but then there was possibly 2 incidents in the Brazil match where they did not refer it, maybe they did, which confused me.

The goal and then the later challenge in the box on Gabriel Jesus.

I’m not 100% sure how it works yet.
    It's called 'televison', sw. It's like the box you've got in the corner of the living room/stable where the pixies dance, but this one uses white man's magic and shows a picture of past events on the pitch to the ref.

Well, they do have an additional 6 refs (might not be quite this many) in the VAR room, so everything happens a lot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's called 'televison', sw. It's like the box you've got in the corner of the living room/stable where the pixies dance, but this one uses white man's magic and shows a picture of past events on the pitch to the ref.
    Who triggers the referral, the ref or the dudes back in VAR HQ?

I assume the ref makes the final decision so what exactly are the dudes in HQ doing, and moreso why are they dressed up in full gear instead of just going casual to allow them go straight out afterwards?

I assume the ref makes the final decision so what exactly are the dudes in HQ doing, and moreso why are they dressed up in full gear instead of just going casual to allow them go straight out afterwards?
    The dudes back in HQ are watching the replays and let him know if he missed something.

bgm has clarified your first question. As to the second, I reckon they're dressed up so as to attract hot chicks. Refs are well known for living their lives waist deep in sweet, sweet punani. It's the air of authority that birds find irresistable.

The dudes back in HQ are watching the replays and let him know if he missed something.
    Good man.

I suspect they bottled the Swiss goal last night, not wanting to set a precedent for that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    bgm has clarified your first question. As to the second, I reckon they're dressed up so as to attract hot chicks. Refs are well known for living their lives waist deep in sweet, sweet punani. It's the air of authority that birds find irresistable.
    I reffed a game on Saturday, no post game snatch fest.