Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American golf fans

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The Open, WES, The
    Nah, not having any of that pretentious *******s. Golf in the UK has far too much of that attitude for my taste. Which may be why young people are abandoning it in record numbers.

The British Open. Nowt wrong with that. It's my second favourite of the four. Masters, British Open, US Open and then the PGA nonsense which shouldn't really qualify imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Nah, not having any of that pretentious *******s. Golf in the UK has far too much of that attitude for my taste. Which may be why young people are abandoning it in record numbers.

The British Open. Nowt wrong with that. It's my second favourite of the four. Masters, British Open, US Open and then the PGA nonsense which shouldn't really qualify imo.
    No, it's The Open, nothing snobby about it. Ridicules that the US have 3 majors

It's not pretentious bóllocks to refer to The FA as The FA is it? Or do you call it the English FA?*

Neither is it to refer to The Open as The Open.

* The others seem to include their country in their title

www.fff.fr/
    www.cbf.com
    www.knvb.nl/
    www.rfef.es/
    www.figc.it
    and of course www.scottishfa.co.uk/

www.thefa.com/
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It's not pretentious bóllocks to refer to The FA as The FA is it? Or do you call it the English FA?*

www.fff.fr/
    www.cbf.com
    www.knvb.nl/
    www.rfef.es/
    www.figc.it

www.thefa.com/
    Not forgetting of course the FAI.

You lot are very pretentious and arrogant all the same though I do agree with you, it's just The Open.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not forgetting of course the FAI.

You lot are very pretentious and arrogant all the same though I do agree with you, it's just The Open.
    'Us lot' were just very good at inventing sports back in the day, then becoming shít at them.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

www.fff.fr/
    www.cbf.com
    www.knvb.nl/
    www.rfef.es/
    www.figc.it

www.thefa.com/
    Yeah there is. There are many Open Championships in many countries and every country prefaces theirs with the country name to distinguish them. Calling the British Open as The Open makes it sound like it is somehow better. People like to deny it but we all know it's true.

Mind you, I would actually agree that it is the best of the Open Championships, but that's just my opinion. The pretense I refer to is rife in golf in the UK however. Gentlemen must wear a jacket in the clubhouse after 4pm blah, blah, blah...

Can't stand that nonsense.

'Us lot' were just very good at inventing sports back in the day, then becoming shít at them.
    The Jockanese invented Golf, you can't disown them one second and then claim them as yours next.

Football I will give you though I do believe the Chinese are now trying to claim it as theirs.

The Jockanese invented Golf, you can't disown them one second and then claim them as yours next.

Football I will give you though I do believe the Chinese are now trying to claim it as theirs.
    See: Murray, A

Trusay, sw. It is them that want to disown the UK.*

* I'd happily let that happen just to shut up thon wee Jimmy Krankie lookalike, Nicola Sturgeon

Yeah there is. There are many Open Championships in many countries and every country prefaces theirs with the country name to distinguish them. Calling the British Open as The Open makes it sound like it is somehow better. People like to deny it but we all know it's true.

Mind you, I would actually agree that it is the best of the Open Championships, but that's just my opinion. The pretense I refer to is rife in golf in the UK however. Gentlemen must wear a jacket in the clubhouse after 4pm blah, blah, blah...

Can't stand that nonsense.
    Strangely enough when you are the first country to have an Open championship you won't prefix it with the the country... so ours is The Open, why should we change the name afterwards
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar