Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American golf fans

American golf fans

What a complete bunch of no nothing ****wits.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    What a complete bunch of no nothing ****wits.
    Can't wait for the Ryder Cup - apparently coming over in record numbers Thank God it is in Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Can't wait for the Ryder Cup - apparently coming over in record numbers Thank God it is in Paris
    Also appears Mickelson can play to his own set of rules

He's been watching too much Happy Gilmore imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Lucky boy from what I have read but then again the rules are ****ed up. It seems he couldn't be disqualified under one rule he broke because he had broken another one which didn't carry a dq

No, they applied the rules correctly, although you could argue the rules need changing.

American golf fans are muppets at the best of times (YOU DA MAN!!!!!) but drunken NY golf fans are apparently a special kind of awful.

The criticism of the course made me laugh, though. Had that been Carnoustie the British golf media would have been going on about how this is proper golf and not the sanitized American version.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No, they applied the rules correctly, although you could argue the rules need changing.

American golf fans are muppets at the best of times (YOU DA MAN!!!!!) but drunken NY golf fans are apparently a special kind of awful.

The criticism of the course made me laugh, though. Had that been Carnoustie the British golf media would have been going on about how this is proper golf and not the sanitized American version.
    Simply not true - plenty of criticism when there are been high-scoring Opens if the course has been to blame as opposed to ridiculous conditions. Personally I thought it was great entertainment for the most part. Disappointed Fleetwood didn't win though
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 06-18-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Simply not true - plenty of criticism when there are been high-scoring Opens if the course has been to blame as opposed to ridiculous conditions. Personally I thought it was great entertainment for the most part. Disappointed Fleetwood didn't win though
    That's not really what I meant. Links golf often relies on the weather to make the course challenging and often that can make it unplayable. It snowed in the British Open (yes, the British Open) a few years back. Some time before that Tiger Woods played in a gale and shot over par, can't remember the course. The British media were saying things like 'you won't find the perfect conditions of Augusta over here Mr Woods' in their typical establishment snobbish way. The next day the winds died down and Woods broke the course record.

Anyway, the point is that putting a course next to the sea in northern Scotland probably isn't the brightest idea if you want to remove as much of the luck element as possible yet somehow that is sensible while the pin positions and speed of the greens at Shinnecock was an outrage.

But like you, I really enjoyed it. The best shots still win and watching the pros look more like the amateurs was refreshingly nice.

*******s... the USPGA have made cock ups like this on setting US open course up before, including this golf course... please show me where we have had high scoring opens where the set up is to blame rather than the conditions? You will NEVER get an Open course where the greens are unplayable due to pin positions when the weather is forecast to be bad.

Is this yet another sport you are showing your total lack of knowledge?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

That's not really what I meant. Links golf often relies on the weather to make the course challenging and often that can make it unplayable. It snowed in the British Open (yes, the British Open) a few years back. Some time before that Tiger Woods played in a gale and shot over par, can't remember the course. The British media were saying things like 'you won't find the perfect conditions of Augusta over here Mr Woods' in their typical establishment snobbish way. The next day the winds died down and Woods broke the course record.

Anyway, the point is that putting a course next to the sea in northern Scotland probably isn't the brightest idea if you want to remove as much of the luck element as possible yet somehow that is sensible while the pin positions and speed of the greens at Shinnecock was an outrage.

But like you, I really enjoyed it. The best shots still win and watching the pros look more like the amateurs was refreshingly nice.
    The Open, WES, The
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”