Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How on earth did Robbie Williams end up with that gig

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Supported 'em, played as part of their lineup on some tours.

That Ganapti chap might have seen them at Stonehenge and the like back in the day.
    I used to attend their all night affairs at Brixton Academy.

Blimey O’Reilly. They were eye opening!!

Psychedelic rock.

This is the one I played on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSlsOsBONxY

Most of the stuff I recorded isn't on the interwebs. Maybe I should put some up there.
    Sadly, a dying art form. Like leg spin or full backs who know how to defend.

Music ain't real no more

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I used to attend their all night affairs at Brixton Academy.

Blimey O’Reilly. They were eye opening!!
    I would have you down for the all nighters at the George Robey.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I would have you down for the all nighters at the George Robey.....
    Robey was a stepping stone.

From Club Dog and other all-nighters in N5 with Ozric Tentacles to the harder stuff in South with Dave Brock and his assorted bunch of lunatics and support lunatics.

I am quite sure most of the crowd were lovely people but they could be scary as fúck.

Mind you there was a bunch of chaps who would be at the Robey who resembled something from early Mad Max movies, Mutoid something or other. They would quickly freak you out and have you running to hide in the corner.
    Last edited by SWv2; 06-15-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Robey was a stepping stone.

From Club Dog and other all-nighters in N5 with Ozric Tentacles to the harder stuff in South with Dave Brock and his assorted bunch of lunatics and support lunatics.

I am quite sure most of the crowd were lovely people but they could be scary as fúck.

Mind you there was a bunch of chaps who would be at the Robey who resembled something from early Mad Max movies, Mutoid something or other. They would quickly freak you out and have you running to hide in the corner.
    Good chance you saw T Dog then. They played with Hawkwind around that period. Loons to a man as you say, but some great druggy times were had all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Sadly, a dying art form. Like leg spin or full backs who know how to defend.

Music ain't real no more
    Tell you what, Clive, this vocoder b0llocks on the vocal that makes everything sound like a gay fish is going to sound proper fùcking toilet in a few years time when everyone realises that what they've been listening to for the last 20 years is a the equivalent of an 80s snare sample crossed with a DX7 mashed up with a flaired trouser.

Good chance you saw T Dog then. They played with Hawkwind around that period. Loons to a man as you say, but some great druggy times were had all the same.
    You cant argue with hawkwind.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It's a bit meh imo!

He's no Boney M
    Boney M

Now you've got my attention!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'