Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: You've got to feel sorry for the Saudi public.

You've got to feel sorry for the Saudi public.

Settled down to watch the game, reach for a beer... D'oh! Ramadan! No beer allowed.

Didn't think beer was allowed at all. I expect they relax by chopping off the heads of few shi-ites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Didn't think beer was allowed at all. I expect they relax by chopping off the heads of few shi-ites.
    Hmm, your tone leads me to suspect that you disapprove of hand-chopping, a.

Aren't you projecting your western liberal values on a foreign culture, there?

Isn't that, sort of, imperalist thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hmm, your tone leads me to suspect that you disapprove of hand-chopping, a.

Aren't you projecting your western liberal values on a foreign culture, there?

Isn't that, sort of, imperalist thinking?
    Well, of course the Saudis are part of the imperial club. Their coalition's latest move in Yemen is to take the port which serves as the sole conduit of food supplies for the 18 million Yemenis in Houthi territory, 10 million of whom are already on the brink of starvation. Having failed on the battlefield despite their great wealth, superiority in weapons, and air support from the US and UK, they are reduced to trying to starve 18 million people into submission.

Clive Tyldesley thinks that Poots and the Clown Prince MBS are fixing oil prices in the stands. If they're not discussing the match they're more likely to be negotiating over the situation in the middle east, where the two leaders are backing opposing sides, although they probably wouldn't be doing that in front of the FIFA prez tbf.
    Last edited by Ash; 06-14-2018 at 04:42 PM.