Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
You voted for a man who sacked someone for daring to say exactly this!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think he sacked who he did after the last election, tbf, but in general - Yup, because when we vote for a party or an MP, we don't get to appoint their position on every issue. We have to, if we vote at all (and there is a strong case for not doing so), decide on what basis we will do so, based on our own political priorities. Of course, we should expect that we may be disappoint, and even betrayed.

My No 1 political position is anti-imperialism, for which most people seem to think I'm a lunatic, but I have to live with that. There are very few cùnts in that House full of cùnts down there on the river that are consistently opposed to the Imperial spirit that perpetually dominates foreign policy thinking in this country, despite no visible remaining empire (the US have one, we don't, but seem to act like part of the US Empire). Mr Corbyn, whatever else his shortcomings, is one of them.

The destruction of countries through invasions, bombings, sanctions, fascist coups and proxy terrorist armies costs hundreds of thousands and lives and displaces millions (many of whom seek shelter in European countries). Many people think these conflicts are all the fault of the country that suffers the conflict, but I don't. I see these as geopolitical projects of the permanent governments of coutries such as the US, UK and sometimes France, and as such will find a certain amount of time for people in politics with a similar viewpoint, be they left, right or centre.

You might find that Tommy agrees with me on this, btw (about war and regime-change, not Corbz). I have no idea and haven't checked, but sometimes people on the so-called far-right are opposed to the empire, as they claim to respect national sovereignty and equality of nations. Furthermore, they have absolutely no truck with opinion formed by media like The Guardian, with its relentless demonisation of enemies both abroad, and at home.