Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
Could it kill a sport in canada that has hardly been a big sport at any stage there? Football in the States is doing betternow than it was in 1994... which is strange as the USA doesn't reaaly embrace any sport it isn't very good at
I was going to go to that World Cup with a few mates. Koeman and Bergkamp put paid to that. "I'm a metre"

Ended up spending three weeks in LA during which was the OJ trial ("Let loose the Juice"). There was still a lot of racial tension following the Rodney King acquittals.

We got on speaking terms with a gang of black geezers just off Sunset, one of which was murdered during our stay.

Interesting times.

Still, the black guys introduced me to Old English 800 I accidentally trod on Danny de Vito in a hotel corridor (his 'people' weren't very happy and neither was he, the fúcking short-arsed ****) and shared a flight with Coolio and his entourage.

None of the people we met had any real knowledge of the World Cup just happening in their own, very large and concretey, back yard at Pasadena.

Stupid fúcking Americans. Football is wasted on them imo