Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the US, Canada and Mexico get the 2026 World Cup.

So the US, Canada and Mexico get the 2026 World Cup.

That's Mexico's third bite of the cherry since 1970 and the US's second since 1994.

Looks like it'll be a while before we have a World Cup in a country that actually has a major football culture again. I'll be nearly 60 by that time, if I'm spared.

And Canada utterly despises football, from those I've known (present company excepted). And three teams who don't have to qualify.

At least a WC in a proper football country starts tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's Mexico's third bite of the cherry since 1970 and the US's second since 1994.

Looks like it'll be a while before we have a World Cup in a country that actually has a major football culture again. I'll be nearly 60 by that time, if I'm spared.
    Best mascot ever imo

4144f7f22d8e6b9b67871fe4ed9ada46--futbol-soccer-play-soccer.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yeah, they didn't even bother, really, did they? Even the shape tells you they literally knocked it up on the back of a beer mat about 15 minutes before the deadline.

Yeah, they didn't even bother, really, did they? Even the shape tells you they literally knocked it up on the back of a beer mat about 15 minutes before the deadline.
    Yeah, but some of the best work is done that way, b

Exactly, they try too hard these days. The Russians have sort of gone with a wolf suffering from glaucoma
    220px-Zabivaka.jpg
    Last edited by PSRB; 06-13-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Exactly, they try too hard these days. The Russians have sort of gone with a wolf suffering from glaucoma
    220px-Zabivaka.jpg
    Just a white Edgar Davids, it's just a white Edgar Davids

220px-Zabivaka.jpg
    Seems a strange decision not to go with a bear, tbh. Or a double-headed eagle if they wanted to go proper retro.

Seems a strange decision not to go with a bear, tbh. Or a double-headed eagle if they wanted to go proper retro.
    I was just thinking that, even a Siberian Tiger. Don't really think of Russia and Wolves