Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When can we start talking about the Grenfell survivors with the same contempt as the

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    and fires don't spread like that one did.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    ??????? I said spread, the GT fire spread at a rate that just doesn't happen under normal circumstances... the Dubai one was nothing like that one, nowhere near the intensity and was contained on one side of the building
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

??????? I said spread, the GT fire spread at a rate that just doesn't happen under normal circumstances... the Dubai one was nothing like that one, nowhere near the intensity and was contained on one side of the building
    The Dubai one spread. It had a sophisticated fire fighting system.

I'd have still got (or at least tried to get) the fúck out despite what a Fireperson said.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The Dubai one spread. It had a sophisticated fire fighting system.

I'd have still got (or at least tried to get) the fúck out despite what a Fireperson said.
    Quite, get yourself and family out and then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'd ignore it completely, get out, look up and decide for myself
    It is quite hard to imagine anyone NOT ignoring it, isnt it.

Building is on fire, sit there like a ****ing chump waiting to burn to death.

*******s to that- Run like ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is quite hard to imagine anyone NOT ignoring it, isnt it.

Building is on fire, sit there like a ****ing chump waiting to burn to death.

*******s to that- Run like ****!
    Which is why the advice is to stay put..... everyone heading down 1 staircase stops the firefighters getting up the stairs to the people who might require urgent help. But as you say, instinct is to get the hell out

??????? I said spread, the GT fire spread at a rate that just doesn't happen under normal circumstances...
    If you take a tall structure, wrap it in a highly flammable petro-chemical compound and set fire to it, it will quickly become a conflagration. This is perfectly normal (the clue is in the word flammable). Are you suggesting the GT fire was some kind of aberration of the laws of physics?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    If you take a tall structure, wrap it in a highly flammable petro-chemical compound and set fire to it, it will quickly become a conflagration. This is perfectly normal (the clue is in the word flammable). Are you suggesting the GT fire was some kind of aberration of the laws of physics?
    I would suggest that this was not normal circumstances, hence why we don't have tower blocks going up like a box of matches

Which is why the advice is to stay put..... everyone heading down 1 staircase stops the firefighters getting up the stairs to the people who might require urgent help. But as you say, instinct is to get the hell out
    Isn't that what the stairwells are mainly for? Getting the fúck out in the event of a fire.

Once everyone who can get out by their own means are out send the fire and rescue teams in to get the others out.

The same fire and rescue team who can stick their 'stay' advice up their collective arses.

I would suggest that this was not normal circumstances, hence why we don't have tower blocks going up like a box of matches
    From the Telegraph

Matthew Needham-Laing, an architect who is head of construction at Katten Law UK, said that the first known cladding fire in the UK was in 1991 and there had been concerns in the industry about its fire safety for a number of years.

He said: "This is not a shock, the problems with cladding have been known about and talked about for a number of years and hopefully this will at least make people listen."

Mr Wilkinson said: "In Knowsley Heights in Manchester in 1991, fire spread in a way no one had predicted via the decorative cladding on the outside of the building.

"Something similar happened in Irvine in 1999, after which new regulations were put out which limited the types of cladding which could be used."

There have been fires which spread in high-rise buildings in France, the UAE and Australia that had similar cladding, according to the BBC's Newsnight programme.