Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CarWIMB - I have roughly £10k to spend

CarWIMB - I have roughly £10k to spend

plus trade in my 15 yr old BMW 3 series.

What should I get? Strongly considering just getting a more recent 3 series

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

I'm now looking at new cars and am struggling because I literally don't care which car I buy. They all seem to look much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm now looking at new cars and am struggling because I literally don't care which car I buy. They all seem to look much the same.
    That's why I'm just thinking of staying with the 3 series, decent car, nice to drive, reliable, etc. Just seems a bit dull not to get something different

That's why I'm just thinking of staying with the 3 series, decent car, nice to drive, reliable, etc. Just seems a bit dull not to get something different
    That's what my wife said about her new car. She actually wants to carry on driving the one she's got because she likes it, but when it's suggested she just gets another, she seems to think that would be a waste of an opportunity.

My mileage has recently increased so that I'm doing around 20k a year. I'm thinking about buying/leasing a new Golf GTD. Sigh.

I have no real knowledge of the used car market so can't help much, other than to tell you the current thoughts of those inside the industry:

1. Avoid diesel. The hammering is going to get worse.
    2. From a medium-term taxation point of view, try to move to hybrid.
    3. No one makes a bad car (except the French) any more. Buy the car you want.
    4. See the bit in point 3 about French cars? Read it again and remember it.
    5. Electric cars are for queers and yoghurt-knitters only. (That's mainly my view rather than indusrty-wide.)

Sir C "... indusrty-wide"

You're still thinking about Kirsty G C
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have no real knowledge of the used car market so can't help much, other than to tell you the current thoughts of those inside the industry:

5. Electric cars are for queers and yoghurt-knitters only. (That's mainly my view rather than indusrty-wide.)
    Point 3. Noted and Point 4. Also noted. I did have a Peugeot 306 once, it was actually rather nice.

Points 1.2. & 5. Also noted, I was thinking at least a 2.0L petrol

On the diesel thing, it that all diesels or will more recent ones be okay? Just thinking of off-loading my wife's 64 plate Tiguain as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

What car should I get? Not what car do you think I should like, but - given what you know about me and my concerns in these things - what car should I get?

Sole criteria: more bootspace and should be silver - or at least not black.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What car should I get? Not what car do you think I should like, but - given what you know about me and my concerns in these things - what car should I get?

Sole criteria: more bootspace and should be silver - or at least not black.
    Given what I know about you and cars, I would say, buy the car with the biggest boot on earth. Maybe buy a Transit van?