Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CarWIMB - I have roughly £10k to spend

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a good car. It's not quite as good as the previous one. Kia are where Hyundai were 5 years ago.

Look, contact the bloke whose details I gave you, tell him you want 5 doors, big boot so D segment or SUV, petrol or hybrid and let him tell you what deals he has at that moment. You may find that Kia have released a batch of Sportages at silly money, or Lexus have dumped a load of IS250s on him, or whatever. You're in the best position to come by a bargain if you don't care about the car.

Although you should probably tell me what 'D Segment' means so I don't sound like too much of a cvnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Although you should probably tell me what 'D Segment' means so I don't sound like too much of a cvnt.
    Avensis / Passat sized rep mobile. What would have been a Cortina or Cavalier, back in the day.

Avensis / Passat sized rep mobile. What would have been a Cortina or Cavalier, back in the day.
    Excellent. This is good stuff. I shall definitely whip out the term 'D Segment' next time I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Excellent. This is good stuff. I shall definitely whip out the term 'D Segment' next time I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about.
    Of course it's a dying area. 5 years ago a massive proportion of cars sold in this country were D segment and diesel. Consider that now Toyota, for example, have no diesel passeger car offer at all, and when current Avensis stocks run out in a couple of months, will have no D segment offering either.

It's all hybrid and SUV now, man.

Of course it's a dying area. 5 years ago a massive proportion of cars sold in this country were D segment and diesel. Consider that now Toyota, for example, have no diesel passeger car offer at all, and when current Avensis stocks run out in a couple of months, will have no D segment offering either.

Excellent. As a reward for your help, I will show you Ivanka Trump quoting Val Doonican. Really.

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/stat...09679308656640

Which is all very depressing

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    plus trade in my 15 yr old BMW 3 series.

What should I get? Strongly considering just getting a more recent 3 series
    Treat yourself, prsb.

Something like this...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01801192913951

Ticks all your boxes (I expect) and is incredible fun.

Though extend your mortgage to pay for tyres and fuel
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Treat yourself, prsb.

Something like this...

Whilst I'd like something a bit sporty, that may be stretching it a touch

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Treat yourself, prsb.

Something like this...

Is PSRB planning to move to the West country/East Anglia, start working on a farm and tearing up and down country lanes of a Friday and Saturday night, then?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Don't do it. Just like Sonos.

I went down the lease route and couldn't be happier, don't think I'll ever buy again. The key is to get the car that the manufacturers are doing a great deal on, you may need to be patient. No idea why but the way it seems to work is that a manufacturer i.e. VW will release a bunch of cars of a certain model i.e. Golf GTI, and provide or allow (not sure which) great financing and you get a great deal.

I was looking for a Golf GTI as my station car, they seemed to be about £1500 down and £300 a month but I just missed out, they had all gone by the time I was ready to do it. So the chap says to me 'however VW just released a bunch of Scirocco Rs for £280 a month'.

Job done. Excellent car for very little, I took a 3 year lease as the warranty is 3 years so I will always have a car under warranty and every 3 years I get a new one. If you get a deal the numbers are pretty similar to buying, you just have no risk.

Highly recommended. Unlike Sonos which was driving me crazy again the other night.
    My Sonos is wonderful, works like a dream :techcompetent:

No point leasing, I only do about 3-4,000 miles year if that. More that I just want a newer car for occasional use