Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: CarWIMB - I have roughly £10k to spend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have no real knowledge of the used car market so can't help much, other than to tell you the current thoughts of those inside the industry:

1. Avoid diesel. The hammering is going to get worse.
    2. From a medium-term taxation point of view, try to move to hybrid.
    3. No one makes a bad car (except the French) any more. Buy the car you want.
    4. See the bit in point 3 about French cars? Read it again and remember it.
    5. Electric cars are for queers and yoghurt-knitters only. (That's mainly my view rather than indusrty-wide.)
    Point 3. Noted and Point 4. Also noted. I did have a Peugeot 306 once, it was actually rather nice.

Points 1.2. & 5. Also noted, I was thinking at least a 2.0L petrol

On the diesel thing, it that all diesels or will more recent ones be okay? Just thinking of off-loading my wife's 64 plate Tiguain as well

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Point 3. Noted and Point 4. Also noted. I did have a Peugeot 306 once, it was actually rather nice.

Points 1.2. & 5. Also noted, I was thinking at least a 2.0L petrol

On the diesel thing, it that all diesels or will more recent ones be okay? Just thinking of off-loading my wife's 64 plate Tiguain as well
    You're going to find more congestion and emmissions zones which will be nailing diesels. The year won't make much difference.

If I were you I'd consider dumping it if you can. Residual values are fading quickly.