Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Socceraid - As expected there's now a whole load of bleating

Indeed neither Gross nor Santini were there long enough to even take a Spurs side to Highbury

As you say - disappointed that their current horse-rider hasn't galloped towards the Spanish sun after giving positive signs in the wake of the most recent of their extensive Semi-Final defeats
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Indeed neither Gross nor Santini were there long enough to even take a Spurs side to Highbury

As you say - disappointed that their current horse-rider hasn't galloped towards the Spanish sun after giving positive signs in the wake of the most recent of their extensive Semi-Final defeats
    I think Ardiles was my favourite of their truly sh1t managers.

Yes it is a shame he's not going, because - being Spurs - they'd be sure to get someone properly sh1t in to replace him. They're only allowed a good manager once every 30-odd years, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well of course it was. There is literally - famously - nothing interesting about the man. He was a figure of fun for years, constantly mocked for his tedious commentary where he thought that reeling off statistics in a nasal whine was an acceptable substitute for saying something - anything - insightful.

And then - pretty much overnight it seemed - he went from laughing stock to national treasure. It was weird.
    See Trevor MacDonald, who always came across to me as being amiable but a bit dim.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    See Trevor MacDonald, who always came across to me as being amiable but a bit dim.
    One does wonder if his career would have been so illustrious and whether he'd have become 'Sir Trevor' had he not had - how to put this - a certain novelty value.

I always preferred Alastair Burnett and his nose anyway.

One does wonder if his career would have been so illustrious and whether he'd have become 'Sir Trevor' had he not had - how to put this - a certain novelty value.

I think he owes Lenny Henry a fair bit for the avuncular stuff. Everyone's cuddly ex newsreader, just as, Morgan Freeman was every film makers 'go to' God... Oh , hang on.

Meh! he was no Reginald Bosanquet imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Reggie was very fond of a glass or six, if I recall.
    At the opposite end, has there ever been a more annoying handbag and smug, poncey newsreader than Alisdair Stewart. ?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Did you know his dad invented the googly? Hence it being known as the 'Bosie' for quite a while.