Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Socceraid - As expected there's now a whole load of bleating

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Oh god yes - I agree. He remains some sort of God to certain people though. I've never really understood the need for a commentator on footballer, though. In cricket and rugby they can educate the viewer in some of the more difficult rules. Never once has a football commentator done anything as brazen as that
    Football commentators are mostly there to tell you who's got the ball and make way for the expert insight.

The very worst commentary team ever was Motson and Trevor Brooking. Jesus fvcking Christ, it was like being waterboarded.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Even Kenneth Wolstenholme's 'Legendry' piece of commentary in 1966 was pretty obvious if you could a) see and b) hear
    Though will give a pass to Brian Moore for 89 Although I didn't hear at the time for shouting "Shoot for ****'s sake, Mickey, Shoot"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Like you're not utterly familiar with the Rogers canon
    I know The Gambler, Coward of the County, Just Dropped In and Islands In The Stream. That's literally it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Though will give a pass to Brian Moore for 89 Although I didn't hear at the time for shouting "Shoot for ****'s sake, Mickey, Shoot"
    Am I right in saying Moore didn't have a co-commentator in that game? Or have I just forgotten?

He had Pleat The Perv alongside him
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    He had Pleat The Perv alongside him
    Oh, that's right! He was actually alright, old Sexcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, that's right! He was actually alright, old Sexcase.
    Offered some geniune insight and called us The Arsenal.

And always started with "good evening/afternoon everybody"

And was in charge of Spurs when they lost three times at home to us in 8 weeks

10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Offered some geniune insight and called us The Arsenal.

And always started with "good evening/afternoon everybody"
    Yes. Dreadful taste in suits, though. And, obviously, women.

Is he dead now?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    And was in charge of Spurs when they lost three times at home to us in 8 weeks

He's the sort of Spurs manager I like best. Ineffectual, inoffensive (indeed, likeable) and never likely to drag them above mediocrity. The really hopeless ones are funnier, of course, but you always know they're never going to last. Much better when they have semi-competent ones like Pleat, Francis or Jol who'll hang on for a while, keeping them down.

Obviously, the current incumbent is completely unacceptable.