Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The Joel Campbell fan club's been quiet for a few days

The Joel Campbell fan club's been quiet for a few days

It is an amazing phenomenon - the "bloke who isn't playing is way better than the blokes who are until he does play and you call him ****". Case in point - the number of vapid pukestains arguing for Mark Wood and Liam Plunkett in the Ashes have been remarkably reluctant to comment on their heroes ****ing painfully **** performance against Scotland

I’m gutted LA

Scotland were 11/10 with 10 overs left

Was massively tempted...but got the World Cup and Royal Ascot coming up so decided not to risk anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I’m gutted LA

Scotland were 11/10 with 10 overs left

Was massively tempted...but got the World Cup and Royal Ascot coming up so decided not to risk anything.
    Wise move, t, with Plunkett still there it was game on - great game of cricket but not one I would bet on (though I knew once Hales ran Root out it was Scotland's to lose). Any value in the WC? I quite fancy South Korea to spring a surprise or two in their group

I’m not sure there’s any fan club LA.. I stated that neither were good enough. My interest was confined to seeing whether or not Emery could get anymore from Campbell, who, unlike Welbeck, hadn’t really had any kind of run in the first team.. I’d certainly concede the point that Campbell hadn’t done much on loan, although I read he had been out injured for a spell..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’m not sure there’s any fan club LA.. I stated that neither were good enough. My interest was confined to seeing whether or not Emery could get anymore from Campbell, who, unlike Welbeck, hadn’t really had any kind of run in the first team.. I’d certainly concede the point that Campbell hadn’t done much on loan, although I read he had been out injured for a spell..
    Fair points all 7. Still think Danny gets a bit too much **** - shouldn't be first choice but a very decent squad player who can cause good teams problems

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fair points all 7. Still think Danny gets a bit too much **** - shouldn't be first choice but a very decent squad player who can cause good teams problems
    Agreed. I'm not DW's greatest fan but their are times - normally when he's come back from injury and got himself sharp after a decent run in the team - that he looks a decent prem player. He normally then gets injured again 2-3 games later.

I have no problem with DW being our first choice sub/replacement for whoever's injured from the front 4 of Auba-Oz-Mhik-Laca.

Our new Skiltord if you will.

Whereas Campbell only ever looked good in a WC game. In an Arsenal shirt not a patch on that Chippy Velas chap. I did like him. Pity it didn't work out.

Wise move, t, with Plunkett still there it was game on - great game of cricket but not one I would bet on (though I knew once Hales ran Root out it was Scotland's to lose). Any value in the WC? I quite fancy South Korea to spring a surprise or two in their group
    My main bet is Brazil. Always said you win and lose games in midfield and I think Fernandinho and Casimero will make them way too strong. Must be great to be Coutinho, Neymar, Firminho, Jesus etc knowing you got those two protecting you.

A strong bet from me hence why I can’t mess around with other stuff.

Other than this I’ve got a cheeky tenner on Peru at 180/1.

They were the last team to qualify...an epic night in Lima when they thumped New Zealand.

Since then they’ve stepped it up a gear with 4 cosy wins vs Croatia, Iceland, Scotland and Saudi Arabia.

The Croatia game was quite impressive. Controlled the game nicely and were able to outclass them.

This is important to me ie a team that control the tempo and its opponents will win games!

They’re in a tough group with Denmark, France and Australia but I feel they can upset one of the big two (if not both) to qualify out of it.

They’ve been very underestimated imo

Don’t see them winning but the QFs are realistic and it’s very much a bet I looking to trade on.

Same with Brazil...9/2 now but I will 100% trade out when they are odds on before the final.
    Last edited by Tony C; 06-12-2018 at 01:47 PM.

It is an amazing phenomenon - the "bloke who isn't playing is way better than the blokes who are until he does play and you call him ****". Case in point - the number of vapid pukestains arguing for Mark Wood and Liam Plunkett in the Ashes have been remarkably reluctant to comment on their heroes ****ing painfully **** performance against Scotland
    Credit to Scotland, however. They had some nice catches in the last hour, got it done.