Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Much of the world's media are clearly hating every minute of this summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    under a mountain which then collapsed. I think seeing your beloved Brexit disintegrate before your very eyes hasn't so much clouded your judgement as sent you completely off your rocker.
    Look, Herb, I with you about Brexiters loving Trump cos that is the nationalist power they hoped Brexit would give but now realise it won't.

But Dog-Muncher did do nuke tests under a mountain. And then one day, he blew the whole ****ing mountain up by accident. That doesn't say he hasn't got a bomb to me. It says he's got a bigger bomb than he thought. That's why he invited the world's press to blow up the site the other day. Cos he's got a nuke that still takes out mountains even when he tries to play with it safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Allegedly Pakistan is entering talks with the US about denukularising.
    Really? That would be ace. Then Modi could nuke the fücker's off the face of Shiva's clean earth. Then he'd get ostracised by the international community and Congress would win again and all would be right with the world with the errors of Partition undone.

But in the real world, C, the 'Stanis will never give up their nukes with a nuke-armed Saffron Saudi Arabia next door. Too tempting for any Hindutva hardman in need of an electoral boost.

Imagine if a DRS decision started a nuclear war?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Really? That would be ace. Then Modi could nuke the fücker's off the face of Shiva's clean earth. Then he'd get ostracised by the international community and Congress would win again and all would be right with the world with the errors of Partition undone.

But in the real world, C, the 'Stanis will never give up their nukes with a nuke-armed Saffron Saudi Arabia next door. Too tempting for any Hindutva hardman in need of an electoral boost.

Imagine if a DRS decision started a nuclear war?
    It may be the case that those Pakistani fellas are looking over one border at the dust and shít of Afghanistan, over the other border at the vast wand rapidly expanding wealth of India, and wondering whether, with a little US seed money, they might not be better off emulating the one over the other...

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. He has taken a rogue nuclear state off the map by forcing a dictator to cease fvcking about with nukes he demonstrably did have and giving him a face-saving way of backing down that doesn't involve war and massively reduces regional tensions.

Face facts: it's a strategic and diplomatic triumph of the sort nobody's seen since the fall of the Iron Curtain.
    Alternatively, NK have shown that the way to discourage the US from attacking you is to develop nukes, which will give you something to negotiate with when your position of strength brings the US to the table.

Of course at this point it's a declaration rather than a deal. Talks agreeing to have more talks, but it's a start. In return for a testing freeze, DJT pledged to end the provocative military exercises which is a big win for NK, and said he would eventually like to bring the US troops home from SK, which would certainly guarrantee Norkish denukification. Meanwhile NK gets space to continue the important peace talks with SK.

All in all a good start imo. wd both sides.

It may be the case that those Pakistani fellas are looking over one border at the dust and shít of Afghanistan, over the other border at the vast wand rapidly expanding wealth of India, and wondering whether, with a little US seed money, they might not be better off emulating the one over the other...
    They'll never be able to admit their entire creation myth - Jinnah, the ML and Partition - was an unmitigated clusterfück which has seen the GDP per cap halve relative to India.

So they have to believe they are 'The Land of the Pure' (Pakistan) which is why anywhere outside Islamabad and the posh, walled compounds of Lahore and Karachi are basically Taleb country.

Thank God the Pashtuns and Baluchis were on our side in the two WWs, imo.

But they ain't gonna give up their belief in a Muslim homeland just to have the chance to imitate the Indian middle class.

{Though I accept I haven't been there and the Indian sources I read my not be entirely impartial. But I've spent enough time with Kashmiris to understand that mindset. The Kashmiris would be minted if they could stop the war and go back to renting out houseboats to honeymooners from Delhi and rich intl tourists for $x00 per night. But they prefer Jihad. This is what happens to people who think they're better than the British and the Congress Party when they clearly aren't.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    They'll never be able to admit their entire creation myth - Jinnah, the ML and Partition - was an unmitigated clusterfück which has seen the GDP per cap halve relative to India.

So they have to believe they are 'The Land of the Pure' (Pakistan) which is why anywhere outside Islamabad and the posh, walled compounds of Lahore and Karachi are basically Taleb country.

Thank God the Pashtuns and Baluchis were on our side in the two WWs, imo.

But they ain't gonna give up their belief in a Muslim homeland just to have the chance to imitate the Indian middle class.

{Though I accept I haven't been there and the Indian sources I read my not be entirely impartial. But I've spent enough time with Kashmiris to understand that mindset. The Kashmiris would be minted if they could stop the war and go back to renting out houseboats to honeymooners from Delhi and rich intl tourists for $x00 per night. But they prefer Jihad. This is what happens to people who think they're better than the British and the Congress Party when they clearly aren't.}
    Oh. Fúck it, if they're going to be like that, can't we just nuke the fúckers?

I am reminded of staggering out of a nightclub in New Delhi just as dawn was breaking, getting into a Merc with my incredibly pissed friends who then drove around at high speed trying to knock muslims off their mopeds as they sped to the mosque for morning prayers, all the while creaming 'Kill the moiosies' out of the windows of the car. This demonstrated to me that there are still some issues between Hindus and muslims. More than I had imagined.

'Kill the moosies'

Oh. Fúck it, if they're going to be like that, can't we just nuke the fúckers?

I am reminded of staggering out of a nightclub in New Delhi just as dawn was breaking, getting into a Merc with my incredibly pissed friends who then drove around at high speed trying to knock muslims off their mopeds as they sped to the mosque for morning prayers, all the while creaming 'Kill the moiosies' out of the windows of the car. This demonstrated to me that there are still some issues between Hindus and muslims. More than I had imagined.

'Kill the moosies'
    So you're admitting taking part in an Islamophobic hate crime?

I, for one, am horrified.

So you're admitting taking part in an Islamophobic hate crime?

I, for one, am horrified.
    It was quite disturbing, actually. For a start, it was my first visit to India so I was concerned that my friends would get into trouble with the police for drunk driving and trying to kill people.

It was quite disturbing, actually. For a start, it was my first visit to India so I was concerned that my friends would get into trouble with the police for drunk driving and trying to kill people.

I see. You had failed to grasp the somewhat more...errr...'negotiable' attitude to trifling matters like law enforcement and the value of human life that obtains East of Suez?

I see. You had failed to grasp the somewhat more...errr...'negotiable' attitude to trifling matters like law enforcement and the value of human life that obtains East of Suez?
    Well, I wasn't exactly wet behind the ears, but the sheer scale of it surprised me.

This same bloke who drove me that day was once driving along talking on his phone when a copper stepped into the road and stopped him, so he simply ran him over, breaking his leg. He then called his chum the chief of police and had the injured party sacked for causing an accident.