Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GDPR. So how come all those companies who told me I wouldn't hear from them

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GDPR. So how come all those companies who told me I wouldn't hear from them

anymore after the 25th of May.

Now all email me again

it's a mess at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    anymore after the 25th of May.

Now all email me again

it's a mess at work.
    Being MD of an SME, f, I took the following view of GDPR, whilst I was being battered with the absolute necessity of embarking ona huge project to prepare for it.

"Ignore it," I thought. "It will be like Y2K, lots of people are going to make lots of money out of 'preparing', and then... everyone will forget about it."

So I did fúck all. And nothing's happened.

Professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Being MD of an SME, f, I took the following view of GDPR, whilst I was being battered with the absolute necessity of embarking ona huge project to prepare for it.

"Ignore it," I thought. "It will be like Y2K, lots of people are going to make lots of money out of 'preparing', and then... everyone will forget about it."

Professional.
    I think the problem is that nobody actually fully understands it.
    I have no idea.

seems weird when somebody wants to use our services who has contacted us I have to get them to fill in a form every single time.

Professional.
    I can offer you a consultancy service if you like. A few pints of beer and a bag of chips should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I can offer you a consultancy service if you like. A few pints of beer and a bag of chips should do it.
    Kind of you a. Kind of you indeed. At the moment I'm sticking with my 'ignore it and it'll go away' strategy. Should anything change I'll be in touch.

Professional.
    Do you ever carry out marketing campaigns to whatever customer database you have?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Do you ever carry out marketing campaigns to whatever customer database you have?
    Why would he want to reveal himself to those people he's flogged dodgy motors to? They'd then know where to send the court summons.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Certainly, but you may rest assured that every one of my customers considers himself a personal friend, and would never bubble me up.

Certainly, but you may rest assured that every one of my customers considers himself a personal friend, and would never bubble me up.
    'considers himself'

You are grand then as that is really only how you could fall foul of the 1000000/1 chance of any action being taken.