Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GDPR. So how come all those companies who told me I wouldn't hear from them

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We had to buy our fridge from Currys in the end and despite the fridge being excellent the service was appalling. Sat at home for about three days before they actually managed the delivery.
    I had to get a new fridge for my flat - I have no idea what the service was like as the tenant never informed me as to whether it turned up or not. I assume it did as there were no complaints but a thank you would have been nice It was very nice one as well - not some cheat tat I could really have got away with

We had to buy our fridge from Currys in the end and despite the fridge being excellent the service was appalling. Sat at home for about three days before they actually managed the delivery.
    I avoid Curry's like the plague, Richer Sounds, John Lewis and Smart Home Sounds, they all offer far better customer service and considerably better guarantees.

Not tried AO.com as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In my experience, ao employ hordes of non-English speaking chaps who rock up on time and happily fit your oven. I've had them round three times in the last year and not one has spoken anything better than rudimentary English.
    I'll buy the new oven from them then. We need a new one - the old one's a bit dirty. Can they fit them without ripping the whole kitchen out?

they messed around with my dishwasher before christmas.
    paid for saturday delivery. got the tracking said it was out for delivery. waited around all day and nothing. couldn't call them as it was past their working hours. then they told me it's out of stock.

That being said my new fridge freezer came the other week no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I had to get a new fridge for my flat - I have no idea what the service was like as the tenant never informed me as to whether it turned up or not. I assume it did as there were no complaints but a thank you would have been nice It was very nice one as well - not some cheat tat I could really have got away with
    Your flat wasn't on the fourth floor of the Grenfell Tower was it, la?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In my experience, ao employ hordes of non-English speaking chaps who rock up on time and happily fit your oven. I've had them round three times in the last year and not one has spoken anything better than rudimentary English.
    my parents had a dishwasher and they paid extra for their 'experts' to install it.
    They told a load of crap about having to have loads of salt to run it so they couldn't do it and they left.
    Then it wouldn't work as their experts didn't remove the blanking caps from the drain. morons.

I'll buy the new oven from them then. We need a new one - the old one's a bit dirty. Can they fit them without ripping the whole kitchen out?
    The lack of English is quite welcome, actually. I hate talking to tradesmen and this way I don't have to and can simply pretend not to understand their inevitable requests to use my lavatory.

oh in other news turns out my ceramic hobs are induction. worth keeping?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    oh in other news turns out my ceramic hobs are induction. worth keeping?
    Yes, though you may need some new pots and pans

almost instant heat control
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Yes, though you may need some new pots and pans

almost instant heat control
    excellent.