Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDPR. So how come all those companies who told me I wouldn't hear from them

GDPR. So how come all those companies who told me I wouldn't hear from them

anymore after the 25th of May.

Now all email me again

it's a mess at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Now all email me again

it's a mess at work.
    Being MD of an SME, f, I took the following view of GDPR, whilst I was being battered with the absolute necessity of embarking ona huge project to prepare for it.

"Ignore it," I thought. "It will be like Y2K, lots of people are going to make lots of money out of 'preparing', and then... everyone will forget about it."

So I did fúck all. And nothing's happened.

Professional.

Now all email me again

it's a mess at work.
    Report 'em to the ICO. 0303 123 1113

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

They should get round to your complaint before you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Being MD of an SME, f, I took the following view of GDPR, whilst I was being battered with the absolute necessity of embarking ona huge project to prepare for it.

"Ignore it," I thought. "It will be like Y2K, lots of people are going to make lots of money out of 'preparing', and then... everyone will forget about it."

Professional.
    I think the problem is that nobody actually fully understands it.
    I have no idea.

seems weird when somebody wants to use our services who has contacted us I have to get them to fill in a form every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Report 'em to the ICO. 0303 123 1113

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

They should get round to your complaint before you die.
    excellent. Though I'll let currys off they might have some deals I may wish to take advantage of.

Professional.
    I can offer you a consultancy service if you like. A few pints of beer and a bag of chips should do it.

I can offer you a consultancy service if you like. A few pints of beer and a bag of chips should do it.
    Kind of you a. Kind of you indeed. At the moment I'm sticking with my 'ignore it and it'll go away' strategy. Should anything change I'll be in touch.

excellent. Though I'll let currys off they might have some deals I may wish to take advantage of.
    You're definitely going to need new electricals when you move. You can't have a spangly new home with a shítty old kettle and a manky dishwasher and a grubby fridge.

(ao.com is better than Currys.)

You're definitely going to need new electricals when you move. You can't have a spangly new home with a shítty old kettle and a manky dishwasher and a grubby fridge.

(ao.com is better than Currys.)
    We had to buy our fridge from Currys in the end and despite the fridge being excellent the service was appalling. Sat at home for about three days before they actually managed the delivery.

We had to buy our fridge from Currys in the end and despite the fridge being excellent the service was appalling. Sat at home for about three days before they actually managed the delivery.
    In my experience, ao employ hordes of non-English speaking chaps who rock up on time and happily fit your oven. I've had them round three times in the last year and not one has spoken anything better than rudimentary English.