Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I went on the chair lift thingy from Victoria Dock to North Greenwich on Saturday.

I went on the chair lift thingy from Victoria Dock to North Greenwich on Saturday.

The so-called 'Emirates Airline'. The bit where you drop suddenly after doing past one of the two high supports is a bit, um, surprising, but it was quite fun really and not a view you get to see every day.

I also had Breakfast by the Barrier in Charlton, had to fight through brambles and various spiky things while not falling off a ridge exploring some woods in Maryon Park, saw the place where they made the aggregate that helped make Ashburton Grove, had a nice cold beer in the pub on the spot where The Arsenal were born, walked under the Woolwich tunnel where I told some cyclists that they were scum (it says quite clearly that you must not cycle in the tunnel), gazed upon the industrial vastness of Millenium Mills, and discovered the hidden gem that is the Thames Barrier Park in Silvertown.

A grand day out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    saw the place where they made the aggregate that helped make Ashburton Grove
    Oh, mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The so-called 'Emirates Airline'. The bit where you drop suddenly after doing past one of the two high supports is a bit, um, surprising, but it was quite fun really and not a view you get to see every day.

I also had Breakfast by the Barrier in Charlton, had to fight through brambles and various spiky things while not falling off a ridge exploring some woods in Maryon Park, saw the place where they made the aggregate that helped make Ashburton Grove, had a nice cold beer in the pub on the spot where The Arsenal were born, walked under the Woolwich tunnel where I told some cyclists that they were scum (it says quite clearly that you must not cycle in the tunnel), gazed upon the industrial vastness of Millenium Mills, and discovered the hidden gem that is the Thames Barrier Park in Silvertown.

A grand day out!
    I tried to go on that a couple of years ago, on a rainy Sunday whilst wandering the area, for some reason. Despite being able to see the fúcking thing, there was no route to actually get to it, so I fúcked it off.

The best pub in Greenwich is the Tragalgar. Or it was, anyway, in the 1970s when my mum and dad would take me to lunch there sometimes, in the upstairs restaurant which was posh and where I had my first Dover Sole meuniere

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, mate
    Let me be clear, I didn't go out of my way to see it. It's on the Thames path, and any industry is increasingly rare these days. As are working boats on the river. But we saw one unloading its sand and gravel wot it had been dredging from around the coasts of the country.

You didn't actually call anyone scum though Ash. This I know cos you're a big Jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    You didn't actually call anyone scum though Ash. This I know cos you're a big Jesse.
    probably best not to say anything to anyone in London nowadays, h :stabby:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I called one of them a fùcking cùnt the other week, cycling past me on the pavement and even making a little nick of contact. I snarled I did, and the villain pedalled away as fast as possible. I'm going to get stabbed soon though. Or arrested for kicking them off their conveyance.