Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I must say, The Donald is absolutely delighting me at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. It was a bunch of Greek mercenaries leaving Persia and battering absolutely everyone in the process.
    Who can remember which bunch of Greeks battered which bunch of Persians or Macedonians or Phoenicians or Christ knows what.

Dullest. Wars. Ever.

The destruction of faith in the democratic process.
    Why would a politician care about that? It largely already exists and is largely in their interests.

Unless you are suggesting something akin to armed insurrection.....??

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Why would a politician care about that? It largely already exists and is largely in their interests.

Unless you are suggesting something akin to armed insurrection.....??
    Politicians will only care if they are made to care. Whether by losing their seats, losing their power or being strung up from lampposts.

All these options suit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Who can remember which bunch of Greeks battered which bunch of Persians or Macedonians or Phoenicians or Christ knows what.

Dullest. Wars. Ever.
    If you think Herodotus is dull, you should try Thucydides and his Peloponnesian wars.

Politicians will only care if they are made to care. Whether by losing their seats, losing their power or being strung up from lampposts.

All these options suit me.
    Well, our system doesn't allow for a Trump, does it. So lampposts does seem to be the only option.

I have seen you morph into an arch democrat, that was weird enough. Now you seem to be pushing towards Guy Fawkes.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well, our system doesn't allow for a Trump, does it. So lampposts does seem to be the only option.

I have seen you morph into an arch democrat, that was weird enough. Now you seem to be pushing towards Guy Fawkes.
    I get very angry when politicians forget who they work for, p. Sometimes they need their necks stretching to remind them.

I get very angry when politicians forget who they work for, p. Sometimes they need their necks stretching to remind them.
    THey work for Her Majesty...... you just get to pay their (and her) wages.....

What you've described there is every democratic politician who seeks election ever.

Btw, a 'xenophone'? Someone who refuses to speak a foreign language or a huge fan of 'Anabasis'?

Did you know the film 'The Warriors' was based on Anabasis?

Do you even know what Anabasis is?
    Nonsense, certainly in terms of degrees anyway. Have I ever heard a politician stand in front of the media and say something like 'every one of these trade agreements signed by all these people before me were terrible and I'm going to fix it'?

Nope. Not once. Ever. He is very much nothing like every democratic politician who has ever sought election ever.

And the b is next to the n on the keyboard, so sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's got Merkel and Trudeau speechless and impotent, he's got De Niro and woke Hollywood having an utter wetty, and there's every chance he's going to end the Korean war. All in one weekend.

The man is a genius.
    Surely to be a genius, he needs to get Rocket Man down to Orchard Towers and go all the way to the top floor with him!

What you've described there is every democratic politician who seeks election ever.

Btw, a 'xenophone'? Someone who refuses to speak a foreign language or a huge fan of 'Anabasis'?

Did you know the film 'The Warriors' was based on Anabasis?

Do you even know what Anabasis is?
    Everybody knows that about The Warriors, dumbsh!t. You still haven't responded as to why you dislike the Tories. I'd have thought they suited your pro-business outlook.