Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I must say, The Donald is absolutely delighting me at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, the Labour Party is at least meant to be full of raving communists. The tories, on the other hand, have betrayed everything and everyone they're supposed to represent. They are traitors and can fvck off.

If we end up with Trotterdammerung, then so be it. Politics deserves Corbyn. We all deserve Corbyn for voting for an endless parade of gobsh1tes determined to pursue agendas wholly at odds with the interests of this country for so long. Fvck it. Tear it up and start again.
    All that you say is true, but consider the consequences of such an election result. Not just the capital flight, massive money-printing programme and destruction of the economy, the Venezuela-like inflation and food rationing; no, consider also the number of personal freedoms they will stamp on. You think the police posting on twitter about hate crimes is worrying? Just wait until Abbott is making police policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    All that you say is true, but consider the consequences of such an election result. Not just the capital flight, massive money-printing programme and destruction of the economy, the Venezuela-like inflation and food rationing; no, consider also the number of personal freedoms they will stamp on. You think the police posting on twitter about hate crimes is worrying? Just wait until Abbott is making police policy.
    I'm simply too fvcking angry to care at the moment. I refuse to continue to endorse this consensus of cvnts.

I'm simply too fvcking angry to care at the moment. I refuse to continue to endorse this consensus of cvnts.
    Well cutting off your nose to spite your face is unlikely to improve your mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well cutting off your nose to spite your face is unlikely to improve your mood.
    What principled alternative is there? Vote for a Tory party I fvcking despise and which is destroying the country slowly simply in order to keep out a Labour Party I despise and which will destroy the country quickly? What kind of choice is that?

No, sorry. I would rather forego my democratic 'privilege' thanks very much.

What principled alternative is there? Vote for a Tory party I fvcking despise and which is destroying the country slowly simply in order to keep out a Labour Party I despise and which will destroy the country quickly? What kind of choice is that?

What's the matter with the Tories? In five words or less for a non-limey.

Yes. It's blowing a massive hole in the doctrine of globalism. It seems that a rampant United States is good for business regardless.
    I'd suggest to you that the biggest winner this weekend was Putin. Not sure why any sane person thinks this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'd suggest to you that the biggest winner this weekend was Putin. Not sure why any sane person thinks this is a good thing.
    Ah, Putin! The globalists’ favourite bogeyman.

Here’s the secret about Putin that nobody wants to acknowledge - least of all him - but which Boris let slip the other day: Putin, with his obsolete military and economy the size of Australia’s, doesn’t actually matter. He’s irrelevant.

Ah, Putin! The globalists’ favourite bogeyman.

Here’s the secret about Putin that nobody wants to acknowledge - least of all him - but which Boris let slip the other day: Putin, with his obsolete military and economy the size of Australia’s, doesn’t actually matter. He’s irrelevant.
    I think you're overstating a truth. He does matter but falls more easily into the irritating category than the dangerous category. Unless, of course, you care about the Russian people themselves which I expect few people do.

The problem with Trump is that left to his own devices he could do something really stupid, and not just the infantile posturing which we've seen so far (and that sells really well in the US of A) but something really, really stupid i.e. an all out trade war, that would have a significant impact. So far the intelligent people around him have stopped him doing it but there's always the possibility that at some point they won't be able to or willing to control him.

In fact, two of his recent appointments seem as crazy as he is. We'll laugh at him and enjoy him until it happens, only.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I think you're overstating a truth. He does matter but falls more easily into the irritating category than the dangerous category. Unless, of course, you care about the Russian people themselves which I expect few people do.

The problem with Trump is that left to his own devices he could do something really stupid, and not just the infantile posturing which we've seen so far (and that sells really well in the US of A) but something really, really stupid i.e. an all out trade war, that would have a significant impact. So far the intelligent people around him have stopped him doing it but there's always the possibility that at some point they won't be able to or willing to control him.

In fact, two of his recent appointments seem as crazy as he is. We'll laugh at him and enjoy him until it happens, only.
    Wait, the day he was elected all you pansies were pissing your knickers because he was definitely going to start a nuclear war, invade Mexico, destroy the US economy, gas, or at best, deport all muslims and brown people and make homoing illegal. Oddly, none of that seems to have happened. Indeed, the US economy seems to be doing remarkably well, and far from nuclear wars happening, it would appear that North Korea is preparing to give a little.

Why, given the evidence to date, do you think he's going to do something 'really stupid'?

You've gone all Violet Elizabeth Bott there mate.