Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Beckham has got Harper's teacher pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that, but I'm never really sure how Beckham's image has been so untarnished for so long, tbh. I mean he seems a nice enough chap and all, but he's got demonstrable form when it comes to playing away, so I'm a little mystified as to how he is constantly fawned over as some icon of marital and paternal perfection.
    He only had the one indiscretion, didn't he? A dalliance with the piglady? I'd say that's a pretty decent record over, what is it, getting on for 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He only had the one indiscretion, didn't he? A dalliance with the piglady? I'd say that's a pretty decent record over, what is it, getting on for 20 years?
    Well that's the only one we've heard about, but even if that is his only indiscretion, it's still at odds with the tone of much of the coverage of him, which borders on the hagiographic.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that, but I'm never really sure how Beckham's image has been so untarnished for so long, tbh. I mean he seems a nice enough chap and all, but he's got demonstrable form when it comes to playing away, so I'm a little mystified as to how he is constantly fawned over as some icon of marital and paternal perfection.
    The fact that he's put up with that self-absorbed, permanently pouting, stick insect of a wife for all these years and four children later
    might have something to do with it.

My hatred for her is of Ramseyesque proportions, Burney.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The fact that he's put up with that self-absorbed, permanently pouting, stick insect of a wife for all these years and four children later

Oh, I agree. She's a ghastly waste of skin. However, nobody made him marry her, did they?

Well that's the only one we've heard about, but even if that is his only indiscretion, it's still at odds with the tone of much of the coverage of him, which borders on the hagiographic.
    Bear in mind, of course, that my ex who met him regularly was absolutely charmed by him, and the things she hated most in he world wre the stupid, the common, and footballers. Perhaps he has a similar effect on journalists.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Give her, her dues, WES. She is hideous and talentless but did everything that she could to get as far as she could.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Bear in mind, of course, that my ex who met him regularly was absolutely charmed by him, and the things she hated most in he world wre the stupid, the common, and footballers. Perhaps he has a similar effect on journalists.
    Possibly so. He seems well-mannered, unassuming, kind and polite. And the fact that he's very good-looking probably doesn't hurt.

I'm assuming that he doesn't have to say much or doesn't have much to say.... you know, if he keeps his mouth shut, he is more likely to get laid.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'm assuming that he doesn't have to say much or doesn't have much to say.... you know, if he keeps his mouth shut, he is more likely to get laid.
    Yes, there was never the suggestion that he was a great raconteur or anything.