Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Bourdain gone.....

Brentan Rodgers could always talk you to death

O. Kee
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Brentan Rodgers could always talk you to death

O. Kee
    I find his voice rather mellifluous. He would simply talk me to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Mind you, a long drop leading to the pulling off of the head is going to be quick and painless, one imagines.

I can't remember ever seeing him cook? Did he do the actual celebrity tv chef thing?
    No. He did a good line in slagging off celebrity TV chefs, though.

I could crash an aeroplane into a building. A football stadium, perhaps.

You know I'm a licensed pilot, right?
    I think you were a licensed pilot until they found you unconscious in the cockpit of your little Chipmunk, reeking of booze with tell tale white powder coagulations* in your nostrils

*bogies

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I think you were a licensed pilot until they found you unconscious in the cockpit of your little Chipmunk, reeking of booze with tell tale white powder coagulations* in your nostrils

*bogies
    What a beautiful thing a Chipmunk is, h! With control forces so perfectly co-ordinated, it really handles like a little fighter.

Do you know why pre-aerobatic checks (HASELL) include the item 'Brakes off'?

What a beautiful thing a Chipmunk is, h! With control forces so perfectly co-ordinated, it really handles like a little fighter.

Do you know why pre-aerobatic checks (HASELL) include the item 'Brakes off'?
    Because trying to move off in any contraption, flying or otherwise, with one's brakes still on usually results in a face planter? I'm sure you'll explain in more detail and illustrate the point with a tale or two of derring do in which you laughed in the face of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Because trying to move off in any contraption, flying or otherwise, with one's brakes still on usually results in a face planter? I'm sure you'll explain in more detail and illustrate the point with a tale or two of derring do in which you laughed in the face of death.
    Well, it is as you say a fascinating matter. The ground steering system on the Chipmunk involves applying a couple of notches of brake and the using differential braking, but of course with such brakes applied one cannot select full rudder and the Chippy, for all her benign manners, will not recover from a developed spin without full rudder. This item on the RAF checklist became, for some reason, common currency in aeroplanes which have no such brake/rudder issues.

So now you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Dunno. Maybe both. Romantic though, isn't it? Dulce et decorum est. Pro patria mori. Which as we know translates as "It's fùcking ace to die for a yard of land".
    I think it is quite common to envision oneself at a place and point in history and romanticise it....

I doubt The Somme in 1916 is a particularly common destination.......

Well, it is as you say a fascinating matter. The ground steering system on the Chipmunk involves applying a couple of notches of brake and the using differential braking, but of course with such brakes applied one cannot select full rudder and the Chippy, for all her benign manners, will not recover from a developed spin without full rudder. This item on the RAF checklist became, for some reason, common currency in aeroplanes which have no such brake/rudder issues.

So now you know.
    Taxi to the runway, point her straight and stick yer boot down.

Its hardly rocket science is it....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Taxi to the runway, point her straight and stick yer boot down.

Its hardly rocket science is it....
    Which boot p? Why do you want full rudder as you sit stationary on the runway?