Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Bourdain gone.....

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Pills and booze was my thought process before deciding it was all a very silly idea
    Yes, although even that can go wrong. If you take too much, you can puke. Or someone can 'save' you, which - as happened to a girl of my acquaintance who took a bunch of paracetamol - means you live, but have a totally fvcked liver and kidneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have given this matter a great deal of thought as you can imagine, h. Sleeping pills for me, I think. Drift off to the land of nod and never wake up. Lovely. On the other hand, I suppose you might wake up vomiting violently and then go through agony dying of organ failure.

I think we can agree that suicide is fraught with danger.
    Running headlong into a wall of machine gun fire at the Somme for me. Imagining that is the only way I get to sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Running headlong into a wall of machine gun fire at the Somme for me. Imagining that is the only way I get to sleep at night.
    Is everything alright, a? Is there anything you'd like to share with the group?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Certainly there's nothing romantic about slowly strangling to death, involving as it does a variety of fluids coming out of you while you spend minutes choking. Unless, of course, you can calculate the right drop to break your neck without pulling your fvcking head off.

I've always thought an opioid or barbiturate overdose would be best, yes.
    Mind you, a long drop leading to the pulling off of the head is going to be quick and painless, one imagines.

I can't remember ever seeing him cook? Did he do the actual celebrity tv chef thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not sure that works anymore, h. It relied on Carbon Monoxide coming out of cars, which it simply doesn't anymore.
    Opening a vein in the bath, as chosen by Roman nobility, was very considerate. It would look a little sanguinary to whoever discovered the body but one simply empties the bath and the blood is gone - very tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have given this matter a great deal of thought as you can imagine, h. Sleeping pills for me, I think. Drift off to the land of nod and never wake up. Lovely. On the other hand, I suppose you might wake up vomiting violently and then go through agony dying of organ failure.

I think we can agree that suicide is fraught with danger.
    I was reading somewhere that sleeping pills hardly ever works. It has the worst success rate of any form of suicide, including jumping off buildings.

Revolver through the mouth. Gone in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Do you have a WW1 fetish, Ash? Or is this some kind of generational guilt kind of thing?

I still favour the booze , pills and body-decomposition-by-running-bath-taps method
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Opening a vein in the bath, as chosen by Roman nobility, was very considerate. It would look a little sanguinary to whoever discovered the body but one simply empties the bath and the blood is gone - very tidy.
    I could crash an aeroplane into a building. A football stadium, perhaps.

You know I'm a licensed pilot, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Do you have a WW1 fetish, Ash? Or is this some kind of generational guilt kind of thing?
    Dunno. Maybe both. Romantic though, isn't it? Dulce et decorum est. Pro patria mori. Which as we know translates as "It's fùcking ace to die for a yard of land".