Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Bourdain gone.....

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I think hanging is the most romantic of the Selbstmord methods. The single shot into the roof of the mouth has a violent integrity but should only be used by an officer and gentleman that cannot meet his debts and with a splendid old revolver.

What would you choose c? Something involving copious amounts of the marching powder I reckon. I'd be a CO1 man myself - total coward ya see.
    I have given this matter a great deal of thought as you can imagine, h. Sleeping pills for me, I think. Drift off to the land of nod and never wake up. Lovely. On the other hand, I suppose you might wake up vomiting violently and then go through agony dying of organ failure.

I think we can agree that suicide is fraught with danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I suppose it couldn't have been a bizarre w@nking accident, could it? Somehow I'd find that less sad.
    Nah. I don't think he was the wánking type.

He was a keen coke head and alky, wasn't he? Hoefully he just couldn't take enjoying himself so much any more and decided to check out while he was still ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have given this matter a great deal of thought as you can imagine, h. Sleeping pills for me, I think. Drift off to the land of nod and never wake up. Lovely. On the other hand, I suppose you might wake up vomiting violently and then go through agony dying of organ failure.

The old tube from exhaust to inside of car is a dead cert and quite painless my physician friend informs me - unless some damn fool interrupts you and you survive with severe brain damage.

Launching from a high building is fraught with the danger that you might change your mind on the way down.

Nah. I don't think he was the wánking type.
    Every man is the wánking type c. I hear Berni even has a shed devoted to the pursuit with pretty curtains and everything.

There's literally no coming back from this one, Clive

The old tube from exhaust to inside of car is a dead cert and quite painless my physician friend informs me - unless some damn fool interrupts you and you survive with severe brain damage.

Launching from a high building is fraught with the danger that you might change your mind on the way down.
    Not sure that works anymore, h. It relied on Carbon Monoxide coming out of cars, which it simply doesn't anymore.

Pills and booze was my thought process before deciding it was all a very silly idea

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not sure that works anymore, h. It relied on Carbon Monoxide coming out of cars, which it simply doesn't anymore.
    Don't believe what they tell you, b

Certainly there's nothing romantic about slowly strangling to death, involving as it does a variety of fluids coming out of you while you spend minutes choking. Unless, of course, you can calculate the right drop to break your neck without pulling your fvcking head off.

I've always thought an opioid or barbiturate overdose would be best, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Don't believe what they tell you, b
    Well, you could still do it with an old car, but mostly what comes out of a modern petrol exhaust is CO2 and water.