Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOL! Chap at work's underling leaves, so I was talking to him about recruitment and

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I didn't think you even felt a pang anymore. I thought you were all about the clean living these days?
    Oh I'm quite ridiculously clean and fit. (Except for booze. Also red meat and fat.) That doesn't stop a chap occasionally missing the glory days.

My word, but I could shovel some away, b.

Tony C "Do you really want to go through another batch of CVs with emotional intelligence and cosplay as strengths. "

LOOOOOOOL!
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh I'm quite ridiculously clean and fit. (Except for booze. Also red meat and fat.) That doesn't stop a chap occasionally missing the glory days.

I remember. :-/

I remember. :-/
    A friend of mine once drew me a line which was a map of the M25 with little nubs representing the A2, A13, A12, M11, A10, A1(M), M1, M40, M4, M3, A3, M23, A22 and A20, and invited me to finish it in one circular motion. A good half a g, it was. It was gone before you could say, 'Hold on, are you sure you're not going to OD?'

I would love some but I do genuinely think it might kill me.

8 months clean

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I would love some but I do genuinely think it might kill me.

8 months clean
    30th April 2016. A date which will live in infamy.

he goes 'Actually, it's a lot easier now he's gone because I don't have to spend time managing him. He didn't really do that much and I can easily take on his work. Maybe we shouldn't bother recruiting?'

'Here it comes', thinks I and - sure enough - 24 hours later he's back telling me he'd need a massive pay rise in order to take on 'all this extra work'. Seems a bit nonplussed when I point out that he's already told me it's easier now this other bloke's gone and that he didn't do much anyway. On the basis of what he's said, I say, there can't be any justification for replacing the underling or for giving him a massive payrise.

Grumpiness ensues.

Silly cvnt.
    What a ****

Last week our friendly local policeman spoke to me about signing an agreement with our neighbours. During that conversation he acknowledged that the evidence was so poor, contradictory or non existent that it wouldnt get past his Sergeant let alone make it to the CPS.

At the end he asked me whether I would be willing to sign anything and I said no. He then says 'well if you wont cooperate we will have to let it run its course through the courts, sir'. I reminded him of his previous comment and he started to shuffle in his seat and refer to additional evidence that might be revealed.

I just told him that he must do as he sees fit and wished him luck. ****ing idiot

30th April 2016. A date which will live in infamy.
    I rarely miss it. It is only when some ******* brings it up after a few drinks.

I have managed to avoid being in a situation where it is available. I have yet to be genuinely tested (ie offered some for free)....

A friend of mine once drew me a line which was a map of the M25 with little nubs representing the A2, A13, A12, M11, A10, A1(M), M1, M40, M4, M3, A3, M23, A22 and A20, and invited me to finish it in one circular motion. A good half a g, it was. It was gone before you could say, 'Hold on, are you sure you're not going to OD?'
    Clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Clockwise or anti-clockwise?
    Widdershins, b. Thought we'd add a touch of the satanism to it.