Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another TV subscription required

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and...it's about time we ditched this anachronistic TV blackout rule which prevents live football from being broiadcast between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturdays. A rule decided upon in the 1960s

I'd quite happily pay a fiver on top to watch, say, an Arsenal away match in 4K at 3pm on a Saturday. That said, how many Saturday 3pm kicks did we have last year? La, you will know this...
    None here - they were all 4pm but with the Europa league not many at all

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    People with season tickets for their club should get reduced subscriptions imo. Without any fans the TV companies have less of a product, and with actually attending games and travelling and drinking in the pub all day etc they won't be at home as much to watch what they've paid for.
    Thing is, though, they seem to give some of their content away quite freely. I got a full online Sky Sports package free with my Vodafone contract. My folks get BT Sport free as BT customers and I can log into that any time I want (again on-line). So effectively, I can watch every televised game, the cricket, etc, etc quite legally without directly paying for any of it. I think that would p1ss me off if I were paying full whack for the TV package.

Fúcking Amazon now...

Who was it that said Sky needed competition to keep the punters in the best position?

3 subscriptions now needed instead of 1.

****s.
    I believe it was the EU who decided that Sky's monopoly was a Bad Thing, and that competition was required. Sadly their definition of competition didn't actually mean real competition, where we get a choice of which channel we watch our chosen game on, but a divvying up of the games where we end up paying much much more for the same thing. Setanta, ESPN and BT - all terrible.

I used to value my Sky subscription. Now I often feel I should drop it.

No, it shouldn't be free. Though punters used to pay one subscription, Sky, say £900 a year for all televised games.

Now it is a grand a year on Sky, £300-400 on BT and £80 on Amazon.

Still, someone has to pay for Bellerin's wardrobe.

And, wd the pub, btw
    Made my wife's Prime subscription even better value, imo

If Amazon are streaming it then it will be easily accessible on other sites imo