Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Archbish of C said the EU is ‘the greatest dream realised for human beings

So the Archbish of C said the EU is ‘the greatest dream realised for human beings

since the fall of the Western Roman Empire'.

Even for a man whose job is to pretend he believes God exists, that seems a little bit completely unhinged, tbh.

There genuinely is a class of otherwise plausible people in this country whom Brexit has revealed to be utterly, barking mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

There genuinely is a class of otherwise plausible people in this country whom Brexit has revealed to be utterly, barking mad.
    Not least of all your swivel-eyed self b.

Even for a man whose job is to pretend he believes God exists, that seems a little bit completely unhinged, tbh.

Yes - they are the ****wits who voted Brexit knowing there was no feasible plan that would be best for the country and continue to do so despite the utter **** show that is going on. Though I do agree that the Bish is a bit wayward there

And you think it isn't I suppose? I always am amazed by people who would prefer that Europe went back to the 1970s. Yalls were not competitive on the world stage. But hey, maybe that's not important. Maybe you don't want to be. After all my state of California now has a bigger economy than the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes - they are the ****wits who voted Brexit knowing there was no feasible plan that would be best for the country and continue to do so despite the utter **** show that is going on. Though I do agree that the Bish is a bit wayward there
    one thing this shít show has highlighted is how ****ing difficult it is to leave the EU 'gang'.

Whether you voted for or against it, Cameron really did leave Theresa May holding a bucket of shít that is now full to overflowing.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I struggle with this argument, to be honest. I wanted out of the EU because it fundamentally undermines this country's legal and political sovereignty, is wholly unaccountable and is profoundly anti-democratic. When, for the first time in my life, I was given a say on whether I wanted this process to continue, I and millions like me grabbed the opportunity with both hands to say 'No'.

Your argument appears to be that we should not have taken that opportunity because our political classes hadn't the wit or wherewithal to know what to do with a vote to Leave (something I absolutely agree is the case). You seem to believe we should have stayed in a union we loathe and believe to be utterly wrong simply because that would have been easier? What kind of an argument is that? Leave voters voted to leave the EU. The fact that politicians are making an almighty fvckery of doing so because that isn't what they want to do is NOT a reason not to have done so.

To be fair, our perception of the 'utter shít show' which is going on is based on briefings being handed out bu butthurt Eurocrats and, no doubt, anxious civil servants, and are almost certainly exaggerated by the BBC anbd the bulk of traditional media which certainly has an agenda.

In short, don't believe everything you read, la.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    one thing this shít show has highlighted is how ****ing difficult it is to leave the EU 'gang'.

Whether you voted for or against it, Cameron really did leave Theresa May holding a bucket of shít that is now full to overflowing.
    This is sort of the point, yes. The same people who told us the EU really didn't control that much of our lives and didn't really make that many of our laws are now saying that we are too inextricably bound up with the EU for us to be able to leave.

Funny that.

This is sort of the point, yes. The same people who told us the EU really didn't control that much of our lives and didn't really make that many of our laws are now saying that we are too inextricably bound up with the EU for us to be able to leave.

Funny that.
    I do like that the latest Italian Prime Minister is already calling for a stronger, fairer Europe

So, the head of a founding member state believes the EU to be not strong enough or fair...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I do like that the latest Italian Prime Minister is already calling for a stronger, fairer Europe

So, the head of a founding member state believes the EU to be not strong enough or fair...
    This would be the same founding member state whose economy has been horribly damaged by Eurozone membership, which has had its Prime Ministers effectively dictated to it by the EU (ie Germany) and in whose recent election the EU blatantly interfered - even to the point of openly pressuring the President into rejecting cabinet ministers.

You can see their point, tbh.