Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Amsterdam for work, I can't indulge.....

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Nonsense - chips and gravy is quite wonderful. You hate it cause northerners love it I reckon.

northernist bigot that you are
    If you want to dip a chip in gravy, that is fine. You retain the crispness of the chip while enjoying the gravy.

If, on the other hand, you want to smother them in gravy, you simply have soggy chips and might as well not have bothered deep-frying them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    If you want to dip a chip in gravy, that is fine. You retain the crispness of the chip while enjoying the gravy.

If, on the other hand, you want to smother them in gravy, you simply have soggy chips and might as well not have bothered deep-frying them in the first place.
    Had a bit of phone trouble last night. Just seen your picture. Thank you for that.

My hollandaise was perfect yesterday. I will gird my loins and try the mayonnaise again today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Had a bit of phone trouble last night. Just seen your picture. Thank you for that.

My hollandaise was perfect yesterday. I will gird my loins and try the mayonnaise again today.
    I actually had that moment when preparing yesterday's dinner when I thought 'Oh, sh1t! I've got to make mayonnaise as well - what an arse ache'. Then I remembered that it took mere seconds. You don't even have to measure anything.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-06-2018 at 09:08 AM.

It's very simple: smothering chips in gravy ruins them.
    Sorry b - couldn't be more wrong. And I don't agree with WES easily

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Sorry b - couldn't be more wrong. And I don't agree with WES easily
    Et tu la?

I like soggy chips. That's why if there isn't any gravy on the plate I soak them in bean juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I like soggy chips. That's why if there isn't any gravy on the plate I soak them in bean juice.
    I'm surrounded by savages.

I'm surrounded by savages.
    I can see the merits in both arguments. It is very unusual for me to admit that....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I can see the merits in both arguments. It is very unusual for me to admit that....
    Look, I'll concede that chip shop chips can be gravied if you're that sort of person, since they're not crisp in the first place.

However, to make crisp, fluffy chips and then drown them in gravy just seems sacrilegious to me.

Look, I'll concede that chip shop chips can be gravied if you're that sort of person, since they're not crisp in the first place.

However, to make crisp, fluffy chips and then drown them in gravy just seems sacrilegious to me.
    Yeah, there you go. I am with on the smothering/drowning. THat is simply not necessary.

I do rather enjoy Ash's suggestion of beans. I wasnt going to mention it as I know how you feel about the baked bean and you were evidently a little upset already