Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Amsterdam for work, I can't indulge.....

In Amsterdam for work, I can't indulge.....

.......in one pleasure and have no interest in the other. Any advice on what to do to keep me on the straight and narrow??

which one can’t you do, and which one are you not interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    .......in one pleasure and have no interest in the other. Any advice on what to do to keep me on the straight and narrow??
    Rijksmuseum, naturally. Wander the Jordaan and the Negen Straatjes. Check out the Verzetsmuseum. If the sun is shining check out Vondelpark. Try some local delicacies: Hollandse Nieuwe - raw, salted herring, kroketten, bitterballen, frikadellen, patatje oorlog. Go for an Indonesian feast, a rijstafel. Buy some cheese, but go to Albert Heijn, not a rip off tourist shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwater View Post
    which one can’t you do, and which one are you not interested in?
    Lets be honest, this is what everyone wants to know

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Rijksmuseum, naturally. Wander the Jordaan and the Negen Straatjes. Check out the Verzetsmuseum. If the sun is shining check out Vondelpark. Try some local delicacies: Hollandse Nieuwe - raw, salted herring, kroketten, bitterballen, frikadellen, patatje oorlog. Go for an Indonesian feast, a rijstafel. Buy some cheese, but go to Albert Heijn, not a rip off tourist shop.
    He could get some piss-poor coke off one of the Street merchants. Surely work wouldnt objects to that....

THe rest of the place is just a massive ****hole.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post

Get yourself to Leidseplein.

Plenty to do around there.

Also Rembrandtplein for eateries and Heineken. and Bavaria. And Grolsch. Not Amstel, mind.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He could get some piss-poor coke off one of the Street merchants. Surely work wouldnt objects to that....

THe rest of the place is just a massive ****hole.
    I remember being with a chap in Amsterdam who hadn't really understood the whole 'decriminalisation' thing and bought hash off a street dealer. This chap pulled this brown lump out of his pants, bit off a piece, charged him a ludicrous quantity of guilders for the privilege (which he dutifully paid) and fvcked off. When he came to smoke this stuff, it behaved, smelled and had all the narcotic effects of burnt plastic. We ripped the p1ss out of him for the rest of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Also Rembrandtplein for eateries and Heineken. and Bavaria. And Grolsch. Not Amstel, mind.
    Febo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember being with a chap in Amsterdam who hadn't really understood the whole 'decriminalisation' thing and bought hash off a street dealer. This chap pulled this brown lump out of his pants, bit off a piece, charged him a ludicrous quantity of guilders for the privilege (which he dutifully paid) and fvcked off. When he came to smoke this stuff, it behaved, smelled and had all the narcotic effects of burnt plastic. We ripped the p1ss out of him for the rest of the trip.
    I drunkenly argued with a guy claiming the coke he had given me didnt even feel like coke- thatyoucould rub it in your hand and it didnt crumble and felt like plastic. He very patiently explained that it was in a plastic bag

In my defence I was expecting a folded lottery ticket.

He had the last laugh- the cokewas rubbish, although it was quite cheap so..... fair enough I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Presumably that is cutting edge Dutch cuisine? No wonder Charles knows sod all about food