Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As I was being forced to endure an episode of 'The Handmaid's Tale' with my wife last

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Oh, now he is suddenly Irish

You blame me for 800 years of oppression dont you. Go on, admit it!
    Not at all. Anyone in their right mind who's met an Irishman would want to oppress him. As I said, dreadful people.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not at all. Anyone in their right mind who's met an Irishman would want to oppress him. As I said, dreadful people.
    I would never question your right to hate your own kind. Why do you have such a problem with me despising Britain and wanting the worst for it?

Self-loathing is clearly not an alien concept to you.....

I suggest you listen to Iron Maiden's classic 'Run To The Hills'.....

Great song
    Buggers didn't play it live when I saw them though. Only song I knew as well *

*not quite true, still an amazing gig

I suggest you listen to Iron Maiden's classic 'Run To The Hills'.....

Great song
    Is that the one about murdering American Indians?

You know what the American Indians were actually like, right? I suggest you read 'Empire Of The Summer Moon' about the Comanches in Texas and ask yourself how you might have gone about handling that bunch of pitiless, psychopathic, torturing, murdering mass rapists.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-05-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

See, I would be pretty angry if I saw them and they didnt play that. It just isnt fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is that the one about murdering American Indians?

You know what the American Indians were actually like, right? I suggest you read 'Empire Of The Summer Moon' about the Comanches in Texas and ask yourself how you might have gone about handled that bunch of pitiless, psychopathic, torturing, murdering mass rapists.
    Are you suggesting that I cannot trust the word of Iron Maiden on historical matters?

I would never question your right to hate your own kind. Why do you have such a problem with me despising Britain and wanting the worst for it?

Self-loathing is clearly not an alien concept to you.....
    The key here is that I'm English of Irish heritage,am very grateful to live this side of the Irish Sea and love England. You, on the other hand, are English, live here, were raised here, benefit from everything this country offers and still despise this country.

Perhaps it's the fact that because my parents came from somewhere much worse, I know how lucky I am and you - being of purely English stock - don't know how lucky you are not to have come from somewhere else.

'What do they know of England, who only England know?' and all that.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-05-2018 at 03:35 PM.

See, I would be pretty angry if I saw them and they didnt play that. It just isnt fair.
    Yes, we know you have very precise requirements when you see a gig, p.

You like Greatest Hits albums, don't you?

Are you suggesting that I cannot trust the word of Iron Maiden on historical matters?
    I fear not. Bruce Dickinson is notoriously poor at citing his sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Hang on. You didn't know 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter'?