Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: As I was being forced to endure an episode of 'The Handmaid's Tale' with my wife last

As I was being forced to endure an episode of 'The Handmaid's Tale' with my wife last

night, it occurred to me that there was not one heterosexual white male character in the entire programme who was represented as anything other than evil. The good guys are all some combination of female, black, hispanic and/or gay. Balls to this, i thought.

Also, I don't really understand why every male in the programme is queuing up to shag the heavy-lidded, hook-nosed, dumpy broad in the lead role. She mings particularly hard even in a post-apocalyptic dystopia. This thought is probably just evidence of my toxic masculinity, though.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-05-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    night, it occurred to me that there was not one heterosexual white male character in the entire programme who was represented as anything other than evil. The good guys are all some combination of female, black, hispanic and/or gay. Balls to this, i thought.

Also, I don't really understand why every male in the programme is queuing up to shag the heavy-lidded, hook-nosed, dumpy broad in the lead role. She mings particularly hard even in a post-apocalyptic dystopia. This thought is probably just evidence of my toxic masculinity, though.
    I watched it as well. It was bull****.

And I say this as a chap who had a very pleasant evening in the pub with some gays the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I watched it as well. It was bull****.

And I say this as a chap who had a very pleasant evening in the pub with some gays the other night.
    I don't think we can hold the gays responsible for this, p. They'd never be this joyless. That takes feminists.

I laughed particularly hard when she discovered that the black man who'd rescued her was a secret muslim. Because of course muslims are good guys as well. They'd never participate in the oppression of women. Oh, no.

That's another thing that bothers me. There are societies on earth where women are actually treated like that, but they aren't Trump's America or Brexit Britain. And you'll never catch progressive types complaining loudly about them. No, it's all about how evil white, western Christian men are. I wonder why?

I don't think we can hold the gays responsible for this, p. They'd never be this joyless. That takes feminists.

I laughed particularly hard when she discovered that the black man who'd rescued her was a secret muslim. Because of course muslims are good guys as well. They'd never participate in the oppression of women. Oh, no.

That's another thing that bothers me. There are societies on earth where women are actually treated like that, but they aren't Trump's America or Brexit Britain. And you'll never catch progressive types complaining loudly about them. No, it's all about how evil white, western Christian men are. I wonder why?
    Because historically we always were. It is only in recent years (relatively speaking) that we have started to embrace the better angels of our nature.

I say we- of course, I am not a christian.

Because historically we always were. It is only in recent years (relatively speaking) that we have started to embrace the better angels of our nature.

I say we- of course, I am not a christian.
    NO. WE. WEREN'T.

White, Christian men have brought greater health, wealth and happiness to the entire population of the fvcking globe than any other fvcking group in history fvcking EVER.

NO. WE. WEREN'T.

White, Christian men have brought greater health, wealth and happiness to the entire population of the fvcking globe than any other fvcking group in history fvcking EVER.
    And greater misery, poverty, death, disease, slavery, proselytisation, starvation and subjugation than any other- in the modern era.

We are all guilty. Admittedly you and your ilk much more than me and mine but we will still swing from the same rope....and rightly so.

And greater misery, poverty, death, disease, slavery, proselytisation, starvation and subjugation than any other- in the modern era.

We are all guilty. Admittedly you and your ilk much more than me and mine but we will still swing from the same rope....and rightly so.
    What utter nonsense. Consider the tremendous humanitarian records of Genghis Khan, Cetshwayo, Ranavalona, or the Aztec and Inca people. Everywhere he has gone, the white man has brought civilisation and the Good Word to the barbarian hordes. Occasionally, admittedly, doing the Lord's work required a firm hand. But these isolated incidents are mere details.

Me and my ilk? The Irish, you mean?

Fair point, actually. Ghastly lot.

Me and my ilk? The Irish, you mean?

Fair point, actually. Ghastly lot.
    Oh, now he is suddenly Irish

You blame me for 800 years of oppression dont you. Go on, admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What utter nonsense. Consider the tremendous humanitarian records of Genghis Khan, Cetshwayo, Ranavalona, or the Aztec and Inca people. Everywhere he has gone, the white man has brought civilisation and the Good Word to the barbarian hordes. Occasionally, admittedly, doing the Lord's work required a firm hand. But these isolated incidents are mere details.
    I suggest you listen to Iron Maiden's classic 'Run To The Hills'.....

Great song