Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The source of much debate - what is the best colour tie for a blue suit/white shirt

The source of much debate - what is the best colour tie for a blue suit/white shirt

combination?

Many will say that red is a classic here - but it just makes me think people are trying too hard to dress 'powerfully'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    combination?

Many will say that red is a classic here - but it just makes me think people are trying too hard to dress 'powerfully'.
    You aren't suggesting wearing a solid-colour tie are you, r? This is something only done by spivs, estate agents, footballers and politicians. Your tie should have a subtle, but distinct pattern.

combination?

Slightly contrasting blue with a discreet herringbone pattern imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Slightly contrasting blue with a discreet herringbone pattern imo
    Something like this would work nicely, as well.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Something like this would work nicely, as well.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    https://www.hugoboss.com/uk/italian-...4510-1#start=1
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

You aren't suggesting wearing a solid-colour tie are you, r? This is something only done by spivs, estate agents, footballers and politicians. Your tie should have a subtle, but distinct pattern.
    I generally wear solid colour ties.

Are you calling me a spiv?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I generally wear solid colour ties.

Are you calling me a spiv?
    You come under 'footballers' - having played at a certain level and all.

combination?

A paper bag over your head would seem most appropriate
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

You come under 'footballers' - having played at a certain level and all.
    The only level the reprehensible old tosser ever played at was "walking football for fat old tossers" level.

combination?

Ignore the nonsense about solid-colour ties. B is talking ****e.

A burgundy goes well with yourcombination or, if you are looking to make an impression, a goldish yellow- although that can look estate agenty ifyou get the shade wrong.