Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My word. Remember how Neville Southall tended towards the fuller figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    AAAGH - Stop saying that. We couldn't have got Aubameyang without losing Giroud. Besides, his hold-up play mostly consisted of loising headers and complaining he was fouled plus the occasionally lovely touch. Wasn't exactly Alan Smith now was he.
    Should never have sold Niall Quinn

AAAGH - Stop saying that. We couldn't have got Aubameyang without losing Giroud. Besides, his hold-up play mostly consisted of loising headers and complaining he was fouled plus the occasionally lovely touch. Wasn't exactly Alan Smith now was he.
    But he's sooooooo handsome.

Are we really arguing for or against a big lad upfront to hold the ball up? Really? In 2018?

Thank God jorge died beofre reading this shít.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are we really arguing for or against a big lad upfront to hold the ball up? Really? In 2018?

Thank God jorge died beofre reading this shít.
    :fourfourtwo:

:bigmanlittleman:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    :fourfourtwo:

:bigmanlittleman:
    Jennings boots it long, it goes to Rix on the wing, he beats the full back and crosses from the bye-line, Stapleton nods it down and Sunderland smashes it onto the roof of the North Bank

Jennings boots it long, it goes to Rix on the wing, he beats the full back and crosses from the bye-line, Stapleton nods it down and Sunderland smashes it onto the roof of the North Bank
    See also: Lee Chapman, Paul Mariner, etc

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    See also: Lee Chapman, Paul Mariner, etc
    Lee Chapman

Now Mariner was a bit shít because he was old and tired, but Chapman... He couldn't even run. He was rubbish of the first order.

I loved Stapleton as a kid, but it did sometimes feel as though the major use he had for his feet was to propel himself into the air in order to meet the ball with his big, square head.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I loved Stapleton as a kid, but it did sometimes feel as though the major use he had for his feet was to propel himself into the air in order to meet the ball with his big, square head.
    Yes, he really should have been German, shouldn't he?

The Manyoo ****.

Lee Chapman

Now Mariner was a bit shít because he was old and tired, but Chapman... He couldn't even run. He was rubbish of the first order.
    Only Arsenal player I've ever truly hated. Mostly because I was rather jealous of him having snagged Leslie Ash as his wife (pre-trout pout).

He was ****ing terrible.