Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the **** have England dropped Mark Wood??

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I find it very frustrating but don't think Wood is the answer any more. I am actually a big fan of his but I fear injuries have taken the extra bite from his bowling. Woakes is actually a decent player though - better than a trundler. And good to get a left-armer in Curran in there -
    And he's livened up a a bit

I find it very frustrating but don't think Wood is the answer any more. I am actually a big fan of his but I fear injuries have taken the extra bite from his bowling. Woakes is actually a decent player though - better than a trundler. And good to get a left-armer in Curran in there -
    Now might be a good time to admit I would not have played Woakes orBroad today. So that is four wickets gone

Woakes is a decent player and has done well here. I think a lot about bowlers to bowl alongside Broad and Anderson that offer something different but we are only a year or two away from having to replace one/both of them. Long term, Woakes could be a good option.

I just worry about what happens around selection. It feels like the bad old days where we chop and change and pick players on form.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Now might be a good time to admit I would not have played Woakes orBroad today. So that is four wickets gone

Woakes is a decent player and has done well here. I think a lot about bowlers to bowl alongside Broad and Anderson that offer something different but we are only a year or two away from having to replace one/both of them. Long term, Woakes could be a good option.

I just worry about what happens around selection. It feels like the bad old days where we chop and change and pick players on form.
    Maybe we should go the Somerset route and just prepare raging bunsens and let Bess and Leach do the work. Very promising leggy at Lancashire as well. Jennings, Hameed, Root play spin well...

Maybe we should go the Somerset route and just prepare raging bunsens and let Bess and Leach do the work. Very promising leggy at Lancashire as well. Jennings, Hameed, Root play spin well...
    Who was the leggy who played in the Ashes? He had a nice action.

Mason Crane - hasn't really had a game for Hampshire this season

Mason Crane - Hampshire boy. Bowls the odd rank long hop but which leggies don’t?

Been excited about Sam Curran for a long time. He’ll be a big player for England and make no mistake.

Also look out for a kid from the colts of my club back home. Tom Barber... playing for Middlesex at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Mason Crane - Hampshire boy. Bowls the odd rank long hop but which leggies don’t?

Been excited about Sam Curran for a long time. He’ll be a big player for England and make no mistake.

Also look out for a kid from the colts of my club back home. Tom Barber... playing for Middlesex at the moment.
    He's reputedly the quickest bowling in England and a left-armer to boot - unfortunately he proved rather ineffective on his debut against Sussex last month - hopefullly he'll get another chance