Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What dark, dark arts they now practise in the Kremlin. They murder journalists then

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It was hardly fake news in the now sadly conventional sense. Perpetrators of fake news don’t come out the next day and say “tada- only kidding” - that really defeats the point. It was a sting to catch a would-be assassin and as such seems to have worked. Whether it was Russia-backed or not doesn’t alter the fact that Putin leads a vicious murderous regime
    It might be used as further evidence that Russia are becoming increasingly **** at it. THey choose a pizza restaurant here and completely **** it up to the extent that both victims are still alive, and then they walk into a trap in Kiev.

Worst murderous regime ever! They dont seem to actually be able to kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Nice to see you haven't lost your objectivity on all things Russian, Ash.

No, that would be the mountain of evidence from the international investigation team, from the Guardian that noted right wing paper:

The joint investigation team (JIT) looking into the incident is made up of Dutch prosecutors and police and others from Australia, Malaysia and Ukraine. They showed photos and video of the convoy that carried the missile system over the border from Russia to Ukraine, and a series of distinctive markings and serial numbers which they said had enabled them to trace the exact system used in the attack, and trace it to the 53rd brigade.

And the motive was that they made a mistake. The problem being that they made it when in an area they weren't meant to be in, an area they denied they had entered.

Does Putin have a video of you p1ssing on prostitutes, Ash?
    Their motive was that they made a mistake? So they deliberately did the wrong thing? That isa head ****.

Yet more evidence of Russian incompetence. When they finally manage to kill people it is the wrong bloody people.

Useless ****s....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Their motive was that they made a mistake? So they deliberately did the wrong thing? That isa head ****.

Yet more evidence of Russian incompetence. When they finally manage to kill people it is the wrong bloody people.

Useless ****s....
    Oh the Russians have always been phenomenal f*ckups when it comes to war, Peter. If they hadn't outnumbered the Nazis by about 5 to 1 and hadn't had a complete disregard for the lives of their soldiers they would all be speaking German right now. As might the French, actually.

Anyway, flippancy aside, the point is that Putin is a gangster and Russia is a gangster state, something that the opposition in Russia is only too happy to tell you and something that has a mountain of evidence on its side.

Lord knows that Ash does with his not inconsiderable intellectual capacity when someone mentions Russia.

Oh the Russians have always been phenomenal f*ckups when it comes to war, Peter. If they hadn't outnumbered the Nazis by about 5 to 1 and hadn't had a complete disregard for the lives of their soldiers they would all be speaking German right now. As might the French, actually.

Anyway, flippancy aside, the point is that Putin is a gangster and Russia is a gangster state, something that the opposition in Russia is only too happy to tell you and something that has a mountain of evidence on its side.

Lord knows that Ash does with his not inconsiderable intellectual capacity when someone mentions Russia.
    I dont think they did outnumber the nazis 5 to 1 and if it werent for them we would all 'be speaking german rightnow'.....

Anyway, my point is I think the Russians get a bad press

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I dont think they did outnumber the nazis 5 to 1 and if it werent for them we would all 'be speaking german rightnow'.....

Anyway, my point is I think the Russians get a bad press
    Russians generally and historically - yes, absolutely.

The Putin regime? No, it deserves far worse than it is getting.

Russians generally and historically - yes, absolutely.

The Putin regime? No, it deserves far worse than it is getting.
    Well they would get a far worse press if they didn't keep killing them all. So you can kind of see why they would it (not that I am saying they do).....

Nice to see you haven't lost your objectivity on all things Russian, Ash.

No, that would be the mountain of evidence from the international investigation team, from the Guardian that noted right wing paper:

The joint investigation team (JIT) looking into the incident is made up of Dutch prosecutors and police and others from Australia, Malaysia and Ukraine. They showed photos and video of the convoy that carried the missile system over the border from Russia to Ukraine, and a series of distinctive markings and serial numbers which they said had enabled them to trace the exact system used in the attack, and trace it to the 53rd brigade.

And the motive was that they made a mistake. The problem being that they made it when in an area they weren't meant to be in, an area they denied they had entered.

Does Putin have a video of you p1ssing on prostitutes, Ash?
    The Guardian is a fervently anti-Russian publication btw, and I understand the JIT is using Ukrainian sources while rejecting Russian ones. Hardly balanced. I can't find the link right now where the Ukrainian mililtary claimed to have had the border with Russia completely sealed at the time this alleged missile system crossed the border but if you are genuinely interested I can try and dig it up for you. I think you will find that pro-Kiev forces had BUK missiles too, FWIW.

And a mistake isn't a motive, as I said earlier.

No, Vlado doesn't have a video of me pissing on prostitues. Would you like to talk about Trump-Russia too, and how those allegations against Russia are going after a year and a half of intensive investigations?

Or are you only really interested in making personal attacks against me for not subscribing to the prevailing narrative?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It was hardly fake news in the now sadly conventional sense. Perpetrators of fake news don’t come out the next day and say “tada- only kidding” - that really defeats the point. It was a sting to catch a would-be assassin and as such seems to have worked. Whether it was Russia-backed or not doesn’t alter the fact that Putin leads a vicious murderous regime
    Do we have evidence of this sting yet, or is it a claim from the Ukrainian government? And why, if they know who this middleman is, would they need to stage this stunt to arrest him?

14 journalists were actually murdered in Ukraine in 2016. I didn't notice those getting such attention over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The Guardian is a fervently anti-Russian publication btw, and I understand the JIT is using Ukrainian sources while rejecting Russian ones. Hardly balanced. I can't find the link right now where the Ukrainian mililtary claimed to have had the border with Russia completely sealed at the time this alleged missile system crossed the border but if you are genuinely interested I can try and dig it up for you. I think you will find that pro-Kiev forces had BUK missiles too, FWIW.

And a mistake isn't a motive, as I said earlier.

No, Vlado doesn't have a video of me pissing on prostitues. Would you like to talk about Trump-Russia too, and how those allegations against Russia are going after a year and a half of intensive investigations?

Or are you only really interested in making personal attacks against me for not subscribing to the prevailing narrative?
    The motive being a mistake was a tongue in cheek comment, thought that was obvious. Same with the pissing prostitutes. They made a mistake and then covered it up for obvious reasons.

You know why I think you lack objectivity on this subject, Ash. It's because your justifications for you skepticism are illogical and you are not an illogical man.

See above. First you claim that the Ukrainian sources can't be trusted. Then you claim the Russians couldn't have shot down the airliner because the Ukrainians claimed to have sealed the border at the time. So sometimes you can trust the Ukrainians and others you can't? And it's beyond the realm of possibility that when they claimed the border was sealed they were wrong?

Sorry, that's just illogical and suggests a lack of objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, Vlado doesn't have a video of me pissing on prostitues.
    I see you do not deny, however, that such videos exist.