Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Well I for one will miss the nuisance calls. ..

Well I for one will miss the nuisance calls. ..

Them: "Good mawnin' Mr Chapman ,... and how are you today? We understand you were recently involved in an accident that wasn't your fault .. is that correct?"

Me: "Blimey , how did you know about that?".

Them: "We act on behalf of you insurance company and .."

Me: "well when I say not my fault.. the police don't seem to agree but like I told them, the fackin kid just ran into the road!"

Them "click.."

Had some poor Indian fella call me last night purporting to be from BT but sounding like the call was placed from the Punai fish market. His English was abysmal but I gather he was trying to discuss my broadband which he managed to make sound like breadbun. I actually feel desperately sorry for these chaps because they work something like sixteen hours a day and even if they bag someone they are paid next to fúck all

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Had some poor Indian fella call me last night purporting to be from BT but sounding like the call was placed from the Punai fish market. His English was abysmal but I gather he was trying to discuss my broadband which he managed to make sound like breadbun. I actually feel desperately sorry for these chaps because they work something like sixteen hours a day and even if they bag someone they are paid next to fúck all
    Sad seens, Herbs.

That's 40 years of Thatcherism for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sad seens, Herbs.

That's 40 years of Thatcherism for you.
    Fairly sure we'd handed India back by then.....

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Them: "Good mawnin' Mr Chapman ,... and how are you today? We understand you were recently involved in an accident that wasn't your fault .. is that correct?"

Me: "Blimey , how did you know about that?".

Them: "We act on behalf of you insurance company and .."

Me: "well when I say not my fault.. the police don't seem to agree but like I told them, the fackin kid just ran into the road!"

Them "click.."

I had one of those accident calls today the womans timing was poor as I was having a bit of a ****ter at that moment, I said 'oh **** off love'
    Keys and Gray would be proud
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'