Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Disaster

Coffee Disaster

They didn't have any Colombian or Guatemalan coffee in the shop so I took a punt on Kenyan.

It's crap, but worst of all I fell for the old buy two and get about fifty pee off each one.

What a mug!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They didn't have any Colombian or Guatemalan coffee in the shop so I took a punt on Kenyan.

It's crap, but worst of all I fell for the old buy two and get about fifty pee off each one.

What a mug!
    You work in the west end a, don't you? Are you not buying your coffee from the Algerian shop in Old Compton St?

What a mug!
    Is good coffee and bad coffee really *that* different, though? I must confess that provided it has a strong coffee flavor I struggle to distinguish between any of the major coffee places' products. Nero, Starbucks, Costa, the little trendy places - they all taste pretty much the same to me.

I remember that pretentious, ginger dwarf Harvey (PBUH) assuring me once that Starbucks was terrible and niche, one-off coffee houses were wonderful. I struggled to see the difference and just assumed he was being a tw@t.

I was about to ask the same question c. I mean, what kind of leftist

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You work in the west end a, don't you? Are you not buying your coffee from the Algerian shop in Old Compton St?
    trouble making homosexual doesn't buy his coffee from the Algerian shop in Old Compton Street?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Is good coffee and bad coffee really *that* different, though? I must confess that provided it has a strong coffee flavor I struggle to distinguish between any of the major coffee places' products. Nero, Starbucks, Costa, the little trendy places - they all taste pretty much the same to me.

I remember that pretentious, ginger dwarf Harvey (PBUH) assuring me once that Starbucks was terrible and niche, one-off coffee houses were wonderful. I struggled to see the difference and just assumed he was being a tw@t.
    An assumption about IH's twát-housery would rarely be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My work coffee is a Guatemalan from Monmouth Street, which is pretty decent. I know the shop you mean - I might give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Good or bad is largely a personal preference, of course, rather than some objective, universal Truth.

But yes, different coffees do taste different. I can't speak for the flavour of the coffees from corporate chain shops because I never go in them.

My work coffee is a Guatemalan from Monmouth Street, which is pretty decent. I know the shop you mean - I might give it a go.
    It's a great, great shop, a.

What a mug!

You get money off when you provide your own mug, don't you?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    You get money off when you provide your own mug, don't you?
    I wasn't buying a cup of coffee, Alberto. I bought two bags for use in my espresso engine, and after the velvet tones of my central American favourites it tastes a little bit like poo. Would you like a bag of Kenyan coffee?

Not as much like poo as the Chocolate With Poo In that you can buy in the Old Compton Street shoppie though.