Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So according to an article in the Guardian today, Florentino Perez once told Ronaldo

So according to an article in the Guardian today, Florentino Perez once told Ronaldo

that he could go provided that he brought in enough money for Madrid to sign Messi.

Ouch!!!

Well played, Florentino.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    that he could go provided that he brought in enough money for Madrid to sign Messi.

Ouch!!!

Well played, Florentino.
    I did enjoy Bale stealing the show. You could tell it was eating away at him inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I did enjoy Bale stealing the show. You could tell it was eating away at him inside.
    An utterly vile human being who happens to be a very good footballer. I can't imagine developing any attachment to him no matter how much you loved any of the teams he has played for.

Take all the worst parts of Henry and multiply them tenfold and then remove his intellect - you would have Christiano Ronaldo.

An utterly vile human being who happens to be a very good footballer. I can't imagine developing any attachment to him no matter how much you loved any of the teams he has played for.

Take all the worst parts of Henry and multiply them tenfold and then remove his intellect - you would have Christiano Ronaldo.
    Steady on. He's not fúcking Pol Pot, he's a lad who's extremely good at football who has a large ego. Let's maintain a sense of proportion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Steady on. He's not fúcking Pol Pot, he's a lad who's extremely good at football who has a large ego. Let's maintain a sense of proportion here.
    True - but what would AWIMB be without logical leaps and gross overstatement for effect?

Having said that, even within the context of egotistical, self-absorbed footballers, I think Ronaldo stands out like a sore thumb.

Ouch!!!

Well played, Florentino.
    T'other way about, ain't it? Perez is saying Ronaldo is priceless; of immeasurable value and worth. As if it needed saying and Ronaldo needed telling, but still ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."