Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So Morgan Freeman has apologised for sexual misconduct

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Oh clearly, it's more of a sly glance. Staring would be weird. In truth, I'm more of a leg man myself
    Yes, a sly glance is a good description. And any man with some common sense or intuition can tell if they are put off by it or quite enjoy it. It isn't that hard.

It's called flirting really, and it's part of life and it will be a sad day when pious Nazis like Charles manage to deny men *and* women of the pleasure it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, a sly glance is a good description. And any man with some common sense or intuition can tell if they are put off by it or quite enjoy it. It isn't that hard.

It's called flirting really, and it's part of life and it will be a sad day when pious Nazis like Charles manage to deny men *and* women of the pleasure it brings.
    It's odd how you've moved from boasting about your 'staring' to this 'sly glance'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's odd how you've moved from boasting about your 'staring' to this 'sly glance'.
    Firstly, I never boasted about staring, I simply implied that most men do it and it really isn't a big deal. Secondly, if a woman, or a man for that matter, doesn't want to be looked at a glance is no different than a stare. A good way not to be looked at is to not dress in a way that encourages it. And I think the overwhelming majority of women understand that and behave accordingly.

Thirdly, I think you're taking the p1ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There is no one rule fits all here as has been pointed out, some chicks like it and welcome it. Others do not and they are entitled to.

It is like the Nazis who have stopped all the dolly birds in F1 (think it was F1) even though said ladies were choosing of their own free will to do the job, enjoying it, being paid for it.

The increasingly tight rules which modern society force on us saddens me.

I was watching a program about Irish Transers last night and at one point I referred to them as ‘freaks’. I meant no harm but yet I was told off.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    .. being paid for it.
    As is so often the case, it is left to the mighty SW to arrive precisely at the heart of the matter. Even still in these days of equal opportunities and identity politics, far too many chaps expect to be able to ogle birds and grab pussies, or whatever-have-you, for free. It is this essential dishonesty and rank cheapskatery which is the real cause for concern and resentment amongst the fairer sex, as Scott titled them.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There is no one rule fits all here as has been pointed out, some chicks like it and welcome it. Others do not and they are entitled to.

It is like the Nazis who have stopped all the dolly birds in F1 (think it was F1) even though said ladies were choosing of their own free will to do the job, enjoying it, being paid for it.

The increasingly tight rules which modern society force on us saddens me.

I was watching a program about Irish Transers last night and at one point I referred to them as ‘freaks’. I meant no harm but yet I was told off.

Now steady on there. Nuanced thought that recognises that women do not all think and feel in the same way is way off message for AWIMB.

All the same, women are actually designed by evolution to be noticed and so while some restraint and discretion is advised, a chap shouldn't be too criminalised for the desire to look. Generally we are rebooting the old Victorian prudery for the 21st Century.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Now steady on there. Nuanced thought that recognises that women do not all think and feel in the same way is way off message for AWIMB.

All the same, women are actually designed by evolution to be noticed and so while some restraint and discretion is advised, a chap shouldn't be too criminalised for the desire to look. Generally we are rebooting the old Victorian prudery for the 21st Century.
    Completely agree. What of ex newspaper editors like La Bollard, who made a career from using that plunging neckline to full effect. How she must have giggled at the discomfort of countless male foes, who were reduced to stammering wrecks.