Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This, from your (theoretically Conservative) prime minister.

This, from your (theoretically Conservative) prime minister.

"No one should ever feel the need to hide who they are or who they love. I’m pleased to announce that we will publish an #LGBT Action Plan to improve lives for LGBT people in Britain and tackle injustice"

It goes on and on and on. There are real issues to be addressed in this country. Young men are killing each other daily in London, we have some very challenging negotiations to complete with the EU and / or other trading partners, housing is in short supply and 40% of the population are insance / stupid enough to vote for unreconstructed Marxists, yet we're stioll concentrating on this utter, utter nonsense.

Being gay means you want to put your peter in another man's dung, not that you need an action plan to improve your life. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "No one should ever feel the need to hide who they are or who they love. I’m pleased to announce that we will publish an #LGBT Action Plan to improve lives for LGBT people in Britain and tackle injustice"

It goes on and on and on. There are real issues to be addressed in this country. Young men are killing each other daily in London, we have some very challenging negotiations to complete with the EU and / or other trading partners, housing is in short supply and 40% of the population are insance / stupid enough to vote for unreconstructed Marxists, yet we're stioll concentrating on this utter, utter nonsense.

Being gay means you want to put your peter in another man's dung, not that you need an action plan to improve your life. FFS.
    Surely bumders are pretty much mainstream these days? And I'd guess that their average income is considerably higher than that of us poor bloody heteros - certainly their disposable income is. Why do they need help? Nobody gives a toss anymore, surely?

This is all about the fvcking transers, isn't it?

On a side note, it is only because of Jeremy Corbyn as an alternative that I can still bring myself to vote Tory. The notion of social and economic Conservatism seems to be completely lost on this fvcking shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The notion of social and economic Conservatism seems to be completely lost on this fvcking shower.
    In fairness, since that notion is also lost on much of the population, and the voters too, it is uncertain what they are supposed to do. It's not the government's job to live your life for you, to decide what you think is important. If people aren't really bothered about all this then, naturally, their leaders won't be either.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Surely bumders are pretty much mainstream these days? And I'd guess that their average income is considerably higher than that of us poor bloody heteros - certainly their disposable income is. Why do they need help? Nobody gives a toss anymore, surely?

This is all about the fvcking transers, isn't it?

On a side note, it is only because of Jeremy Corbyn as an alternative that I can still bring myself to vote Tory. The notion of social and economic Conservatism seems to be completely lost on this fvcking shower.
    Who would get your vote if Labour had a more palatable leader?

I observed a young chap rigged in best Eddie Izzard garb while shopping the other day. He minced and flounced about the clothes racks, the carefree way his delicately painted nails sifted through the frocks really captured the moment so encouraged by today’s diversity movement . Oh how I celebrated inwardly. Go girl/bloke/wrongun I thought..

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Who would get your vote if Labour had a more palatable leader?
    Nobody. I could never vote Labour or Lib Dem and there simply isn't a party that offers any meaningful or worthwhile conservative manifesto.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I observed a young chap rigged in best Eddie Izzard garb while shopping the other day. He minced and flounced about the clothes racks, the carefree way his delicately painted nails sifted through the frocks really captured the moment so encouraged by today’s diversity movement . Oh how I celebrated inwardly. Go girl/bloke/wrongun I thought..
    Did he look like he needed an action plan, at all?

Nobody. I could never vote Labour or Lib Dem and there simply isn't a party that offers any meaningful or worthwhile conservative manifesto.
    Surely you accept the Tory swing towards social liberalism is a necessary evil for the party to stay relevant and, therefore, in power?

I've said it before but politics exists downstream from culture...

Surely you accept the Tory swing towards social liberalism is a necessary evil for the party to stay relevant and, therefore, in power?

No. I accept that Tory theoreticians have convinced themselves of this, but that doesn't make it true. The tory vote is emphatically NOT predicated on securing the support of social liberals. Reams and reams of demographic data makes this abundantly clear.

And, while we're at it, let's define our terms. What is a social liberal? Someone who believes that people ought to be left alone to do largely as they wish as long as they aren't doing any harm? If so, I would qualify as such. However, what you're talking about is not social liberalism, but a sort of prescriptive, dogmatic insistence on meeting certain norms defined by left-wing identity politics.

Yes, but to accept that would mean to also accept a share of the responsibility for the dilemma, and people are simply not going to do that. And politics and politicians is simply too irresistibly soft a target.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."